Library content entirely disappeared again. Enough is enough

I thought I had seen one in the past, but didnt see it when I just looked - evidently I missed it (likely as my eyesight is not perfect these days) until you pointed it out and made me hunt for it again now knowing the exact title.

However, I think it really needs to be pinned until resolved so it cannot be missed. Also it is not the only issue (albeit the issue this thread is concerned with).

1 Like

There are many community members who go out of their way to offer service and support. The forums are awash with great advice that comes both from customers and directly from Roon staff.

Back on topic (rather than general point making) Roon appear to be doing everything that they can to work with Qobuz over this issue. The fact that I am saying this doesn’t make me related by birth to Roon, I say it because it appears to be true.

I just came back home after a few days away to find my Qobuz based Roon library magically reduced from more than 3750 albums to around 3500. Where did those albums go ? Who knows. I 'll do without them or add them again i guess … BUT :
As i mentionned initially when i started this support topic, before this last and smaller inconvenience, my whole albums library had disappeared already twice…
The Qobuz integration is not a bonus, its the major aspect of roon experience for many customers, and the reason we chose Roon. Roon advertised and sold the Qobuz integration to me, I am sorry but that’s what Roon did.
I often found the way customers claims are handled and dealt with on this support forum to be totally inadequate and insufficient . The casualness of Roon response as a company, the casualness of many Roon answers on here, may be well fit to english speaking countries, maybe, but are totally unsatisfactory from a continental european point of view. As customers i guess we are entitled to more detailed and efficient answers from this company. We customers are paying for a product and service here. Not supporting a football team nor being part of a comunity of believers or friends.
I do not even know if Roon staff really reads us here … But i’d like them to, it would be the less that Roon could do when customers are unsatisfied about a recurring problem. I dont know how to know if they do, so, maybe : @dylan @beka @jamie i dont know exactly who is part of the support team so… @support
I would like to think of Roon as a solution I can totally rely on to manage my musical library, (and the qobuz integration to be stable and functioning ). As for now, i would say it doesnt appear to be the case. And It’s a Pity because ROON in SO MANY ASPECTS , IS a really GREAT PRODUCT.
About the choice of a community forum to provide ( or not ) customer support, I would also mention again, that it is already something that we all have to explain ourselves on here in english. Which is not so obvious, sorry.

1 Like

“Go and ask Qobuz” is not a proper answer, to me. It is not , or is it ?

This depends on whether the problem is or is not caused by Qobuz. If it’s a “known issue on the Qobuz side of things”, I’d contact Qobuz if I were you…

Again ? No it doesnt depend at all on whether the problem is caused by Qobuz.
Again, Qobuz never advertised or sold integration within Roon when i chose it as a hi-res streamed music provider. Roon, instead, did say it was offering Qobuz integration. My library is “qobuz only” based. My Qobuz works very well and delivers what it said it would. I have a problem with the Roon side of things : all the albums and music in my Roon library recurringly disappearing.

1 Like

It does matter if it is on Roon, Tidal does not have this issue at all. The issue is on Qobuz.

If it bothers you (which it absolutely should), speak to Qobuz or cancel your subscription and switch to tidal until they sort this out.

I did a trial of Qobuz, they had this issue (months ago i might add) and so i cancelled, tried Tidal and its been flawless.

It does seem that you are keener on finding a culprit than on finding a solution. Letting Qobuz know things aren’t working properly will help them isolate (and solve) the problem.

“Cancel your subscription” Can i take this above from @crowlem as something Roon staff would also agree to be an appropriate advice or a recommendation they would give me ? @support
“Cancel your subscription” " Ask Qobuz" "If you are not happy, leave Roon and dont renew it "
To leave roon or To LeaveQobuz. It’s not the first time i get this type of answer from community members and roon stays silent … it’s just incredible.
About the Qobuz aspect, i already wrote just above :
Again ? No it doesnt depend at all on whether the problem is caused by Qobuz.
Again, Qobuz never advertised or sold integration within Roon when i chose it as a hi-res streamed music provider. Roon, instead, did say it was offering Qobuz integration. My library is “qobuz only” based. My Qobuz works very well and delivers what it said it would. I am satisfied with Qobuz for what they sold me . I have a problem with the Roon side of things : all the albums and music in my Roon library recurringly disappearing.

1 Like

Once again, its not a Roon issue which is why people are suggesting that you address the actual issue.

Im not saying cancel roon, im saying cancel the thing that isnt working and which the company who provides it has acknowledged is an issue i.e. Qobuz.

Roon and Tidal do not have this issue at all and so it is an issue with Qobuz, not Roon.

If you want to actually have this resolved, switch services until its fixed. If you dont want to do that, complain directly to Qobuz.

Your albums are dissappearing because Qobuz have an issue, not Roon. Tidal albums do not dissappear because Tidal does not have an issue, neither does Roon. Qobuz does.

The thing is - and this has been mentioned by several people, several times - the problem is not with Roon’s “side of things”. As has been explained, the problem lies with Qobuz and how they are integrating with Roon. Clearly, this is very frustrating for you, but what do you expect Roon to do about it? As soon as Qobuz fix their code albums will stop disappearing. In the meanwhile, no amount of hand-wringing and complaining about Roon’s customer support will make any difference.

Again i am waiting/hoping for an answer from the company i am buying the service from, which is Roon. Again Roon/Qobuz Integration is not something i bought from Qobuz, and is not the reason why i subscribed to Qobuz. But IS the factor that made me choose Roon.
Where i live ( France/Italy) and within my generation, @DaveN what you call “hand-wringing”, is considered exercising customer rights, and asking due answers from customer service. I think we are never going to agree. But : Hello Roon People ?

If you knew that contacting Qobuz would solve the problem, would you contact them…?

OK, so hopefully support will reach out to you and tell you exactly the same thing as everyone else has been saying, and maybe that will make you feel less aggrieved. That said, it won’t change the problem, nor will it resolve it any faster.

It is quite possible that simply the drive was not recognized. Rebooting or unplugging occasionally helps if the health status is still good.

But you (and we) have already had a direct response from Roon staff. This response has already been quoted on this thread, so apologies for quoting it again.

On a very practical level, please can you let us know exactly what else you would like them to say?

1 Like

Yes the team reads endlessly and also many customers help to make this a pleasant and peaceful place. I was just as frustrated after a personal false start when I started in August 2020. My fault, certainly I have read too little and also explicitly accepted the T&Cs without reading. This was not a failure on the Roon side, but my personal convenience, always wanting to have everything immediately, but not studying exactly what I get under what conditions.

I have taken out another annual subscription with existing problems, but not yet on automatic renewal, because frustration and fascination are so close together. I am now happy to be in the beta testing area. This is only possible if you really make the effort to understand Roon and the team.

I wish everyone here a working program, a motivated team, great moderation and an understanding customer base.

For that, my thanks go out in all directions.

PS: Of course we all make mistakes too…

I don’t see why customers of Roon should have to contact Qobuz when the issue is Roon specific. Roon should be doing this on behalf of customers. If the account functions perfectly fine with all other apps that act as gateway then the issue is a Roon one and down to the supposed high level integration. Passing the buck to the customer is poor if you ask me. Roon offer a gateway to Qobuz in their sub which they are responsible for ensuring it works as it should and ensure its maintained with Qobuz to work.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are doing this.

If Qobuz are having trouble fixing this problem, and judging by the amount of time it’s been dragging on I suspect they are, it makes sense to put affected users in direct contact with Qobuz.

Not sure how that translates in terms of Roon’s T&C’s, but if the fault is with Qobuz clearly Roon can’t fix the issue on their own.

2 Likes

Roon customers don’t need to contact Qobuz. Roon has already done that and Qobuz are working on a solution. Roon customers can contact Qobuz if they want to.

Roon has a responsibility to ensure the continuity of provision, insofar as this is reasonably possible. If Qobuz suddenly changed their architecture (or went out of business), one would not reasonably expect Roon to ensure continuity of provision.

The 2 issues of this thread seem to be:

1. How Roon communicate outage
  2. What more Roon can do to ensure that the problem is solved.

As a Qobuz/Roon user who has experienced the problem in question, I am satisfied that both issues have been addresses by Roon. However I fully understand that others are not.