Library on nas gone after update 2.0.7. No way to restore

Roon Core Machine

rock on NUC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No vpn, normal network using netgear and tp-link switches + edgerouter

Connected Audio Devices

Lots of rpi 4 and 1 sonos amp

Number of Tracks in Library

This is what broke so cant tell anymore.

Description of Issue

After most recent update today 2.0.7, and having loaner speakers for the weekend, the update broke connection to synology nas shares with music. Qobuz does work, as does internet radio. I lost the whole library after updating!
As I was perfectly happy with roon and arc, updates are not gonna happen anymore over here.
See screenshots, gone is the library. What a shame, I never had an issue with Roon.
What to do?

Well screenshots do not work. It just shows ‘network folder offline’ while off course it is online.
Why does this most important thing break?

Ok a physical restart of Roon core, after updating, seemed necessary. I couldn’t find a software restart option?
The library has 34000 songs.
Please never do that again!
Scared the heck out of me.

1 Like

ROCK has restart and shutdown options. Simply navigate to http://rock.local on your network, and press the Restart button under “Roon Server Software”.

Kindly note that Roon doesn’t touch your library, and will only delete files if you explicitly ask it to do so. Most likely, your NAS wasn’t visible to the Core, which is why the recordings were temporarily unavailable.

As always, be sure to make regular backups of your Roon database.

I’ll mark this thread solved now.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon can not detect the folders where the local files are stored

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.