Lifetime price increase, $499 -> $699

It seems, user the DancingSea gave up arguing with you. The gist of the matter are not the hard facts like „is the product/service absolute price tag worth a buy“, but but also soft facts.
A soft fact could be the reputation of Roonlabs or the loyalty and trust a customer is willing to invest. The abrupt price change is hard fact and soft fact at the same time, but the impact on potential customers is not only higher cost but also kind of „why should my loyalty cost now 200 bucks more than two days ago“? Only insiders would have known that there is a price change imminent. That’s why it feels arbitrary which customer got a good deal and which ones were just too late. Making feel customers like it was a lottery that they got the good deal or not does not add to a serious company reputation.
That‘s why some are complaining because they feel treated undeservingly. It wasn‘t their fault being late. It would be easy to make those few happy if Roon wished, but there‘s no sign this will happen. Reputation harmed, but it was avoidable.

1 Like

Seconded!, Roon could postpone the price rise for a week then those who feel hard done by could be back on the programme but it won’t happen.

You guys are not getting it. Roon does not want to sell any more lifetime subscriptions. They did not want a run on them because of an impending price increase so they increased the price without warning on purpose. Price increases or elimination of packages without notice happens all the time in a variety of industries including this one. This not a stab in the customer’s back. You guys don’t like it so you are rationalizing a way to get this undone. Get over it and buy the lifetime at the current price because you know it could be gone at any time. You have only yourself to blame if you miss out.

13 Likes

Well, I emailed yesterday morning and so far have not even had an acknowledgment. As a new user who clicked on the link in my email to subscribe in the last few days of my trial - which started before the price increase - I didn’t even notice the price change as I had already programmed myself to sign up for the lifetime subscription at $499 if I was happy with the trial.

The software is good, but my experience of Roon’s customer service to date is that:

1. I have been bilked out of $200.
  2. My emails about it have been ignored.

Can’t say I’m impressed. I’ll keep you (and the rest of the world) posted.

1 Like

Probably not necessary to make threats. :grimacing:

2 Likes

룬은 아주 좋은 프로그램인 것은 분명하다. 그런데 룬을 운영하는, 의사 결정을 하는 사람은 그렇지 못한 것 같다. 문제점을 해결하는 방식이 그러하다. 사용자를 지치게 만들어 문제에 대한 더 이상의 해결을 포기하게 만드는 방식이라던가, 기껏 웹사이트를 하나 만들어 놓고 노닥거리는 방식으로는, 회사의 진심이라던가 열정이 느껴지지 않는다.

나는 평생이용권을 가진 회원이지만, 금액을 올리는 방식과 그리고 그에 대한 룬의 해명은 고객을 상대하는 그들의 방식이 별로 인 것을 보여준다. 지금은 룬과 대적할 수 있는 프로그램이 없다. 아마도 단기간에는 없을지도 모르겠다. 하지만 경쟁사가 나온다면 이런 방식의 행동을 계속할 수 있을 지 궁금하다. 난 평생 이용해야 하니까 룬이 잘 되길 바라지만, 회사의 운영방식은 그 다지 밝아보이지 않는다.

아마 룬이 윈도우 정도는 된다고 생각하는 걸까? …

Google translation -

1 Like

Most of the reviews are worthless (to me). I rarely agree with them. Music is something that if you like it, you like it, even if no one else does…

Has this thread run it’s course? I think so.
Time to close it mods?

6 Likes

Some music critics are possibly wanna be musicians that do nothing but jada jada. But some critics do provide some historical or anecdotal insights, comparison, evaluation etc.
Btw isn’t one big sales argument for Roon the inclusion of reviews? Do you just ignore them?

Martin, we are discussing important stuff here;). We wanna get to 699 posts

1 Like

I don’t do underhand , the customer is the main priority and bad feeling isn’t good for future development. If it was my business I’d take the hit and give an extension for a week but that’s me. All Roon have to do is let those who would have bought lifetime buy it and close the window after a week?, is that to much to ask for positive publicity?.

I read the reviews on occasion, but for the most part ignore them.

I find the reviewers the same as pro sports commentators. Critical of professional athletes skills, but unable to perform the same tasks.

Music is an emotional thing, it either connects with you or it doesn’t.

I’m with @Coltrane…699 is in sight :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

When you go to the grocery store and milk prices have gone up 30 cents without you being told, did the grocery store bilk you out of 30 cents?

No, of course not. You are being ridiculous!

But, if you look at the first post in this thread, you should be eligible for the old price…

1 Like

IMO, $10/month is a great bargain! I think I’m on my third year and with its integration with Tidal and Qobuz, I’m never at a loss to find something I want to listen too.

Also, since I added a Roon Nucleus Plus server, I have yet to purchase any CDs.

1 Like

he is.

I just checked and there are no mails from you. I’ll have our billing support team PM you here.

1 Like

My rail fair will increase in Jan again as it does every year and what do I get in retuen, continued bad service, poor customer relations, cancellations made when the trains due and mass overcrowding. No new features or additions or nice community to help.

In comparison any increase in Roon is worth more than what I have no choice in paying year in year out if I want to get to work. It’s only music people chill out.

As you can tell I’m delayed again twice in one day I love the UK rail system.

1 Like

Easy solution for you. Open the window again close it and refund those who paid the $200 through a panic buy ( which it probably was ).

Or let them all look to alternative ways of enjoying our hobby

Let people have a choice all those who say hoodwinking is acceptable are out of order

It’s been interesting to watch this conversation evolve. For myself I’ve been waiting to buy a lifetime rather than spend on an annual subscription. I literally talked myself out of buying a pair of LS50s to invest in the lifetime just to find I was two days too late.

Saddened but but certainly not angry. Someone made a really interesting point earlier that the subscription piece is justified if it were for something the customer was ‘borrowing’ or that the provider also had to pay others to supply. We older folk like to buy physical things, amplifiers, speakers, software, etc. Roon being able to connect my library to my audio system is something worth buying into rather than borrowing for payment. The metadata and artist info (needing connections to other services) is worth paying monthly for given Roon needs to do the same.

It would be interesting to know if Roon would contemplate separating the product that way. Buy the streaming software, subscribe to the content.