Linn Devices only showing up as AirPlay with QNAP Core after updating to build 1148 [Update Roon to Build 1154 (Linux Release Only)]

‘Firewall’ on a QNAP NAS?

It’s possible to set up blocks on specific connections but there is no firewall per se, it just sits behind the home network firewall in the router. The blocks are not active by default and mine are switched to ‘allow all connections’.

Additionally the Airplay connections are visible to the Roon core, all emitting from the same IP addresses suggesting no blocks in place.

Thus unfortunately this doesn’t offer even a temporary fix.

I agree with Peter-Marc - my QNAP is set up to all all connections also. I tried disabling antivirus but that made no difference.

1 Like

Was worth a shot.

Btw, this may be off topic - I used to run Roon Core on QNAP NAS, but I found SQ was significantly improved when I moved the Roon Core to somewhere else (Mac Mini, Nucleus, etc).

1 Like

Same problem here. Was all working fine yesterday but today my Linn streamer is no longer listed as an audio device, I can see it as an airplay device but that is no good to me. The core is on a QNAP NAS if that makes a difference and I only have one subnet. Can we get a fix for this soon please as this is obviously a ROON issue.

1 Like

Same problem with Qnap Nas.

Sorry, I opened another topic, i didn’t see this one.

The logs suggest that Roon is no longer able to access the OhNet (Linn’s protocol) libraries on QNAP devices. That would mean it is nothing to do with firewalls etc.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, I have enabled diagnostics mode for the impacted users and indeed, we are seeing some errors related to ohNet/Linn discovery in the QNAP logging.

I have escalated this issue to our dev team for further review. We will update everyone accordingly as soon as we have any more information to share, thank you.

9 Likes

Roon Core Machine

Qnap Nas TS-451+, Roon version 2.0 (build 1148)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Qnap > simple switch > Linn all wired

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Akurate DSM (model Fw989 2018, software 4.95.468)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Yesterday I updated the Roon Core to the latest version and today I saw that I lost the Linn device, I went into the configuration and the Linn device was not in the Roon Tested list, and instead it appeared in the “Other network devices” as a device via AirPlay pending activation.
Why this change? Because I think it has lost quality and playback options.
I want to return to the previous configuration.
I look forward yo your reply.
Regards.

This has happened to a few folk here, all (so far as I can see) with QNAP cores. Hopefully the good folk at Roon will get on top of it soon.
I run ROCK on a NUC and have no issues at all with our Linn KDS.

Michael

I have the same problem. My Linn Klimax DSM no longer available as an audio device after upgrading. It is an option in my device list but only under Airplay (not enabled). As for others, I’m running the core on a QNAP.

few folk here? Not an exact representation. The correct phrase is “all LINN users running core on QNAP”.
Please continue to enjoy roon×LINN. I am only ARC….

Same problem with a QNAP NAS

Ah, but we won’t know it’s ‘all Linn users here’ until all Linn users here have said as much, although we can probably presume so! :grin:

Everything is so much better for me, best Roon/Roon Remote/Roon ARC releases so far.

I own a next generation Linn Klimax DSM/3 (Organik) streamer, but my Roon Core is running on a Nucleus.

2 Likes

I accept. The answer is from the roon development team.
let’s wait for the answer.

1 Like

Same issue here with QNAP and Linn Majik and Sneaky after the update
All the standard problem solving activity didn’t bring improvement.

I have the same problem with my Selekt, I can only se airplay, I guess that a fix will come .

I have the same problem with my Linn Klimax DSM Organik. Problem came after updating core on my Qnap today

Same with my KDSM Organik as well as my Akurate DSM.