Linn DSM shows ‘soundcastdirect’ instead of ‘Linn Streaming’

Build 1.7 Build 521 Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple AirPort Extreme, etherregen

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Klimax DSM via Ethernet from etherregen and then Nucleus

Description Of Issue

The Signal Path ‘window’ shows SongcastDirect instead of ‘Linn Streaming.’

I am unsure what this means but it’s a little disconcerting. Bug in display text? Underlying transport change bug?

Michael

I’ve found this change too, with a KDS/3.
I wonder if the last Roon update has changed this?

Any firmware update on the Linn side perhaps?

1 Like

I haven’t updated the DSM’s firmware in quite a while so I don’t think it’s that.

I see there is an update so maybe I’ll try that.

Under settings>audio, my ‘roon tested’ device says ‘via Linn Streaming’

Good point!
There was an update to Davaar a few days ago, which might be responsible.

I hadn’t updated yet and it was there.

Updated the DSM and it’s still there.

I am going to ‘bump’ this.

I have been wondering about this too, but I would not worry too much about it as the music still sounds nice.

I too have noticed this in the last few days. I don’t think it coincided with a Davaar update but cannot be sure, I don’t fancy downgrading Davaar on either of my Linn streamers to find out.

I think it’s on the Roon side since it was there before and after updating.

May just be an inadvertent string change. I don’t know.

Hello All,

I think this is a display bug… I’ve forwarded this info to the QA team for analysis.

I can say with confidence that this change will not impact functionality or sound quality in any way.

-John

2 Likes

Thank you John.

Hi John,

Any update regarding the display bug? Has the QA team finished their analysis? Mine still shows “SongcastDirect.”

Thanks.

Same here.

Yes this is still happening with with my Linn Selekt DSM.

The same for me at my KDSM and since the last Roon update (537) the Roonserver sometimes can not find KDSM (only Airplay) and I have to restart Roonserver to find it.

Hello All,

This is still on our radar, I can’t promise a date on a fix but we’re hoping it’s sooner rather than later.

-John

1 Like

Hello,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 610, which should help with this issue. Let us know if you’re seeing otherwise!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.