Linn Selekt DSM Edition not showing up in Roon Tested grouping

Greetings:
I’ve read through the available information on the forums relating to the matter of Roon not seeing the Linn Selekt DSM Edition in the Roon Tested section. It does show up as an AirPlay option in the Other Network Devices. Per advice, I have not enabled the network option and have rebooted the DSM and Roon Nucleus, but still it doesn’t appear in the Roon Tested area. The main reason for my persistence on this issue is I’d like for the signal to not be degraded to AirPlay and my understanding is that if we capture it in the Roon Tested area, it will keep the signal at high/highest quality.

Thanks for your help if you have any ideas how to solve this 1st world issue.

4givingGuy

Do you have the right LAN subnet set for Linn streaming on Settings>Setup?

Yes. Same network/subnet.

Two different Selekt options show in the Other Network Device area. One is Linn Streaming and the other is AirPlay. I thought it was supposed to show up in Roon Tested. However, it does seem that when choosing the Linn Streaming option I’m getting good quality FLAC files.

The icon is the standard speaker, not the Selekt drawing.

I’m ok with the semi-successful result, but the available guidance doesn’t show what I’m experiencing…hence confusion.

That’s why setting the subnet is called Linn streaming. Linn devices are not roon tested , they retain their own network protocol and Roon sends to that.

No they are Roon Tested so should show up. Devices that support Roon tested protocols such as Sonos, AirPlay and Chromecast that have nee. tested will show up as Roon Tested to but if your device uses same protocols but has not been tested by Roon labs it shows as other network devices as does my Sonos ARC and JBL Link. But they operate exactly the same.

Hi @4givingGuy

Welcome to Roon

I’m just a fellow user here

I’m wondering if @Rocco_Capobianco might be able to help you.

It sounds like it’s not recognised it correctly can you change its identification from device settings, this will give you correct artwork but likey wont change its standing in Roon.

Ah thanks, obviously didn’t know that :person_facepalming:

You want to contact https://www.lmche.com/ these guys. Ask for Mike Ware. They are the biggest LINN dealer in the US. Tell them I asked you to call. They will help you.

1 Like

I believe this may be the same issue as discussed here, though without resolution:

There are some Linn devices which are capable of playing DSD256 and 24/192 but on which native playback doesn’t work. I believe the Selekt DSM Edition may be one of them, but I could be wrong.

You may want to test at 24/192 track and look at your signal path. I have a Selekt which has been upgraded to Organik. I don’t have the 24/192 issues. If that format works correctly for you, your signal path should look like this.

@Martin_Kelly may be able to correct me if I’m wrong or provide additional info.

I’ve just played a 192/24 Qobuz new Bruckner 4/Roth successfully and at full resolution. No problem with that. But I still have the wrong icon. It’s been hinted to me that full Roon status for Linn is not far away.

1 Like

Thanks, @Paul_Graber, for clarifying that there is no issue with 24/192.

Does “full Roon status” mean “Roon Ready” as in Linn incorporating RAAT into its firmware?

I believe so.

1 Like

As suggested, I just tested and got full 192/24 without difficulty (via Linn Streaming) but the icon is wrong.

FWIW: Linn remote control adjusts the volume, but doesn’t work with track skips, play/pause, etc. Those functions still require a direct Roon interface (phone or computer.)

1 Like

Some Roon users, including me, use strategies such as rooExtend (rooDial and/or rooNuimo), Deep Harmony, and various home automation approaches involving HomeBridge or HomeAssistant to control transport and volume on non-Roon Ready devices. If you’re interested in doing something like that, you can find many threads on the topics I referenced

1 Like

Hi, @Paul_Graber and @4givingGuy. I’m considering a Selekt DSM Edition Hub - I currently have the classic. Can you share the current status is of Edition support? Everything working correctly? Did the custom icon ever show up?

Thanks!