List of updates from Roon on 1.8 issues

Just a polite reminder that this thread is for collating responses from the Roon team on issues with 1.8.

If you have an issue that hasn’t yet been reported it would likely be more effective if you create a new support/Feature request topic, where other users can also report if the issue effects them and discuss similar concerns.

My secondary objective in creating this listing was to avoid the same issues being rereported throughout the forum; allowing space for other issues to gain some attention.

Many thanks.

9 Likes

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the kind comment.

Just to clarify that I’m not a mod, so the restriction you suggest wouldn’t help. The topic is indeed pinned.

I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶.̶

Forum/Roon staff are more than welcome to update my OP and of course forum members can continue to suggest responses from Roon for inclusion in that list.

I’m glad it has been useful for so many, and thank you to all members that have provided support. :smiley:

I hope that going forward the Roon team will consider the usefulness of collating their actionable responses/updates into a single topic for future releases, or something similar…

11 Likes

I understand, thanks for starting up this good initiative. Hope Roon will pick up something similar in a dedicated “closed” topic where you can read all their responses, without other people responding/polluting there. That would also prevent many, many duplicate topics in this forum, I think.

Kind regards,
Gerard

3 Likes

Thank you for your effort and great initiative.

2 Likes

Some update came in re. „lost faces“ from Roon:

3 Likes

This is a really helpful thread, I wasn’t aware that Roon was addressing any of the concerns before seeing it. Can I suggest changing the title to
“Issues Roon is working on” or something? - It would make it much more apparent.

5 Likes

OK, there have been a few helpful on-topic posts so I’ll update the list (but only every couple of days or so)…

@Bastiaan_Meelberg - Thank you, that issue has been posted before, but I wanted to make some distinction between issues that are effecting some users which will require technical support and functionality/behaviour across all users that will be restored or improved. But your post itself raises awareness that the issue is being addressed.

@KML - Thank you.

Added:

@bbrip - Thank you.

Added:

@Matthew_Wheelock - Thank you for the support. The title of the topic could no doubt be better, but in five days or so the topic has had 4k views and is pinned; changing it now could effect users already familiar with the title.

Finally, just a thank you to everyone who has been trying to keep posts on-topic!

2 Likes

Here is yet another one that is now being investigated by Roon:

got a few more open :smirk:

3 Likes

Thanks again, @bbrip :grinning:

Added:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

1 Like

A very nice list of issues and thoughtful, honest replies from the Roon team.

2 Likes

The Forum is experiencing technical issues that prevent Mods from shifting posts. The position may improve if fewer users log on, but at the moment we can’t even shift them one at a time.

To ensure this very helpful thread keeps serving it’s purpose Mods have deleted or hidden off-topic posts. Ordinarily we would shift them, but our hands are tied.

Please don’t post about feedback or bugs in this thread. This thread is about responses by Roon staff.

Posts about feedback should be posted in the General feedback thread. Posts about bugs should be posted in Support (search to find any existing threads about the same bug).

Please keep flagging off-topic posts in this thread.

7 Likes

Excellent thread. Thanks.

I’m really pleased Roon has acknowledged a lot of the issues and said they are working on solutions for next release. This is really good news and Kudos to Roon for communicating thus.

Am really buoyed by the new release despite it’s hiccups and hope we can look forward to major advances in UX to come.

9 Likes

Thanks Andy.

I’ll continue to add suitable responses from Roon that other users post, but I’m afraid I don’t have the time in the week to actively monitor the forum generally.

1 Like

Keyboard Tab sequence broken during edits:

1 Like

Thanks Suedkiez!

Added:

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple everyone. Before posting in this thread, ask yourself the following question:

Does my post link a new response by a Roon staff member to a 1.8 issue ?

If yes, post away.

If not, don’t post here. Your post will be deleted.

17 Likes