Local Library Albums Slow to Load when Tidal is Logged In [Solved - Cleared TIDAL Cache]

Issue has been present on all builds including today’s build, but is only present when I am signed into Tidal through Roon.

Once I sign into Tidal, the browsing of my LOCAL library slows to a crawl. For example, a list of Albums takes 8 seconds when I click on an Artist instead of insantly.

Browsing Tidal works fine, but my local files are almost unusable because the browsing is so slow.

Issue resolves if I log out of Tidal. Thoughts?

Hello @Jordan_Gilman,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please provide more information regarding your setup using this thread as a guide?

Please be sure to include the manufacturer/model of your Core and manufacturer/model of your Router, any Switches you may have, Range Extenders, ect. Is the Core connected via Ethernet or WiFi? Does the same issue occur when you are connected via Ethernet?

We have previously seen that clearing the TIDAL cache improves user’s experiences with issues like these. If you would like to try clearing the cache, I have listed the steps needed below:

1. Quit Roon (or RoonServer)
  2. Find and open your Roon or RoonServer folder
  3. Locate and delete only the cache folder ( Roon/Cache )
  4. Restart Roon

Please let me know the above information and your findings when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

The core is a custom Core i7 PC with 6 core Coffee Lake processor and 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. The core is connected directly via ethernet to an Xfinity XB6 Advanced Gateway. My Ayre QX-5 Twenty is also connected to XB6 via ethernet and my controller is iPhone 6S and iPhone XS Max. Running Roon Server on the PC.

There is NO issue unless Tidal is logged in.

Hello @Jordan_Gilman,

Thank you for providing that information for me. Can you please try to clear the TIDAL cache using the instructions I have listed in my previous post and let me know if you have the same issues after doing so?

Is background analysis by any chance happening when you experience this slowness? You can check to see if there is background activity by clicking the “Spinner Icon” on the top right-hand side of the Roon App, it looks like so:

And it should reveal a similar page to this:

Please let me know if either of these suggestions help.

Thanks,
Noris

Deleting the Cache folder seems to have improved the situation, but it is still slow. It is just less slow. It is still much slower than when Tidal is not logged in.

I think that resolved it for the most part. Thanks.

Happy to help @Jordan_Gilman!

Just want to confirm, this issue has been resolved since resetting the TIDAL cache? Can I mark this thread as [Solved] and close this case or are you still running into other problems? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Resolved. No problems.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.