Login + Unauthorization everytime after reboot since the last update 571

Core Machine
Qnap HS-453DX/ 8GB RAM, Roon Server on SSD, Audio Files on HDD (about 17k), Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details
Fritz Box, Core is connected via LAN Cable, Clients connect via WiFi

Audio Devices
Technics SL G700 (which is an incredibly good Device, please add to Roon- Tested devices) connected via LAN Cable

Description Of Issue
After the last Roon server + client update starting Roon on the Client takes a very long time, then Roon asks for my login, then I have to unauthorize. This happens every time after rebooting the Server.
Starting the Client (ASUS UX31a, Core I7, Win 10, 64 bit) takes a very long time. Win 64 Version of the Client is no longer working at all. Win 32 bit Version works somehow, but is very slow, after minimizing the Window Roon crashes (White Screen) and has to be started again. DSP Presets are not automatically initialized, I have to open DSP, which takes a long time.

Had also this weird Metadata Improver fail, after rebooting the server it was fixed. Then I had to login again…

Before the updates everything worked fine, I didn’t change anything else on Roon, Core, Library or Client.

Thanks for Your Help, Heiko

Hi @Heiko_O — Thanks for reaching out!

Are you seeing this slowness occur on other remotes?

This typically occurs if there is networking trouble on the Core machine preventing a connection to our servers. Most of the time this is not a recurring issue unless there are ongoing networking problems, but let us know if you see it return.

1 Like

No, only on Windows Remote. Android and IPad work fine. Also, Roon keeps on not initializing
my DSP settings automatically.

On all Remotes I have to login and unauthorize everytime after booting the NAS running Roon Core. The NAS shuts down every night und restarts next evening. The whole process of the new login takes about 5 Minutes, this is frustrating.

Hi @Heiko_O,

Thanks for that additional information!

Can you please let us know the exact local time + date you next experience this issue?

Is there any change in behavior if you reinstall the Roon app on your Windows machine?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (On the Windows PC, not the QNAP Core)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Hi Noris,

thanks for your answer.

Starting the Qnap this morning, login needed, then unauthorize…
8:54 (CEST) Berlin, 20.06.2020, see also Screenshot:

Although this is the minor problem at the moment:

Performed these steps already before and now once again. No, there´s no change in behaviour. Startup takes about 1 minute. DSP- Settings are not initialized:

After about 1-2 mInutes Roon gets the Information:

As Roon crashes often (minimize Bug) I have to Perform these steps often. As I mentioned before, this is the 32 bit version, the 64 bit version crashes instantly after opening.
System is a rather fresh installation of Win10 Home.

Thank You and please let me know if you need further Information.

Hello @Heiko_O,

For the unauthorization issue, there should be an update which addresses this, please see:

Regarding the whiteout issue, have you confirmed you have the latest drivers installed for your GPU?

Hello Noris,

thanks for the information and thanks to @crieke for providing roon on qnap and the formidable support here in the forum. However, i did not install the new version yet, i´m waiting for the official release on Qnap.
Having read many posts about the white screen issue with Intel HD 4000, I realise that there will be probably no solution from Roon and yes, I have installed the latest drivers. This Problem occured since the last update, so it must have been introduced with update 571. Also the Issue with the Metadata improver, sometimes I have to restart the server twice till it works. Perhaps this will be fixed, when the new Version from crieke will be installed.

1 Like

Hello @Heiko_O,

We are looking into this issue further, but can you please provide the following so we can add your report to the investigation?

1. A screenshot of the issue
  2. Press the bottom left “Windows button” and search for “System Information”
  3. Provide a screenshot of your System Information -> System Summary information
  4. Provide a screenshot of your System Information -> Components -> Display information
  5. Logs from your affected device right after the issue occurs. Logs can be accessed by using these instructions and sent through Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com or alternate means.

Thanks!

Hello @Heiko_O,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 610, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.