Thanks for that info, knowing that I also went for a xilix reset, although I should have listened to my initial impulse and stayed away from it because I then had to face a couple of hours of pure enchantment…
To summarize, I did a xilix reset and all settings were preserved indeed, but the Transporter stopped playing music from LMS also… It still didn’t work with roon but it also stopped working with LMS… when trying to play any track it was starting and stopping instantly… So quite the opposite of what I was trying to achieve and something I had never seen before. I tried another xilix reset, but still no luck.
I also tried to connect it to mysqueezebox.com but I got a message that the MAC address needs to be reset to the original value. Upon investigation I found out that the MAC address had indeed been changed with the reset (I think that normally it shouldn’t have done that…) , so I unplugged the Transporter and took it out of the rack to write down the default MAC address which is written on the sticker on the back and then set back that MAC address. After that I could connect to mysqueezebox.com but the Transporter still wouldn’t play when connected to LMS…
So after a few more failed attempts, I ended up doing another factory reset which also meant losing all my settings again, but at least it finally solved the problem and made my Transporter work again with LMS. Phew!!! Not a pleasant experience at all, but at least I was back where I had started.
Anyway, there is some good also in all of this because I could also progress a bit more on the roon issue.
@noris , I think this info is important for our support case:
When I connected the Transporter to roon immediately after the factory reset (without connecting to LMS first), then it was working fine . I then switched to LMS and played a track without changing any settings, then swicthed back to roon and it was still working!
However, after connecting the Transporter to LMS and setting back all my settings and preferences the way they were before the reset, it again stopped working when switched back to roon!
So at this time evidence points to one (or more) of my settings I am using on my Transporters! There must be some setting which is somehow incompatible with roon. Normally when swicthing from LMS to roon all settings should also be changed to the roon specific ones, however it’s true that LMS offers far more settings and customizations for the Transporter than roon does. My guess is that some setting is not properly supported by roon and it doesn’t handle it properly.
I didn’t have time to find out which one yet, because by that time it was almost 2 a.m. already but as soon I have more time, I will try to set back the settings of the Transporter to the default values one by one and switch it to roon after each change… Hopefully on of these settings should do the trick… I will keep you posted on my findings!