Logitech Vs. Roon

Agreed. Once tags are clean LMS just works.

Agreed, albeit when I switched from CD to digital CD rippers were a relatively new thing. I still have the Plextor SCSI drive I used to rip large chunks of my collection before finally arriving at a 6 x DVD drive ripping station using dbpoweramp’s batch ripper. In those days tagged integration with MusicBrainz was sparse.

Is good for tagging and the developer is on the forum, had it for years.

Using Roon is no excuse for not maintaining a tidy music library, correctly tagged and cleanly organised. :grin:

5 Likes

No but thankfully it doesn’t really on it 100%

I was looking into it a while back, I think someone wrote that the previous behavior was actually a bug. I could be mistaken but it sure was annoying to have 3 different entries for some artists. Especially when some files may or may not have come from the seven seas. :wink:

1. Adding/removing favorites in LMS show up immediately in the Qobuz app for me.
  2. A nightly rescan works to sync from Qobuz to LMS.

Hi Patrick,
how do you manage to add a Qobuz album that is not yet in your library into LMS favourites? If I browse Qobuz New Releases e.g. I don’t see such option.

Click on the album cover, then after the listing of tracks it’s the second menu item.

Cool, thanx.

Picard, puddletag, bliss, beets, Songkong all do a good job and may or may not be to your liking depending on the amount of auto tagging you’re prepared to tolerate. Most are entirely beholden to MusicBrainz, puddletag isn’t and I suspect Jaikoz and SongKong can leverage additional metadata sources (discogs).

Discovered that there you also find the booklet and a link to the artist. On the artist page there is an option to add the artist to favorites.

This plugin triggers a rescan after changes in your local library.

It never ever worked for me that plug-in no idea why I could never get my library to auto rescan with it. I think like Roon it doesn’t work well when music is on a Nas and the server isn’t as they don’t trigger file system updates.

I have lms and the library on the same server, lms as a docker container, so the library is a local directory.
Where is your lms?

On a Linux machine, had too much hassle with it on my NAS running it in a container as it’s no longer supported natively on Qnap. I had the same issues when I ran it under Vortexbox as well which is what I used before switching to Roon and Rock.

Is anyone running Camilla DSP convolution crossovers alongside LMS?
I’m having popping sound issues with Roon. Very annoying.

Might try LMS and see how it compares with LMS streaming and CamillaDSP handling convolution crossovers.

All I can say is I added the below in the Tidal App, Ran the plugin in for online music only and once it finished it was in LMS.
Tidal

Plugin

LMS after rescan

Here’s the scan

The (docker I suppose) container should see the music library as a local file. Basically the same setup that I have on a pi, Qnap also is a linux sytem.

LMS Version: 8.3.1 - 1669673720 @ Tue Nov 29 00:04:13 CET 2022
AutoRescan (v1.4.2)

But, of course, this is not the most important problem in the world.

That’s the other plugin (scheduled rescan).