Lost connection to Roon core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nuc8i7hvk with AudioLinux
Roon Server Version 1.7 (Build 710)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear GS108 Switch.
Synology 1813+ NAS.
Both NAS and computer are connected to the switch with ethernet cables.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
@support
Out of the blue I have lost connection to my Roon core. I have rebooted it, reinstalled Roon, and a check
(systemctl status roonserver) shows it is fine. I am at a loss of what to try next.

Thanks,
Ron

What device do you use for Control? Is it on the same network (subnet)? Are you using a VPN? Do you have a firewall running?

Thanks for your help. No firewall, no VPN. All Roon devices are on the same network. Roon was working yesterday, and with no changes to my system (except for rebooting the core and reinstalling roon as mentioned above) it stopped being able to find the core.

Please provide details of your setup as described in the following post. Again, what device do you use to control Roon?

Thanks again. I have several Macs, an iPad, and an iPhone for control. None have been able to connect. My core is on a nuc 8i7hvk running Audiolinux.

Just one more bit of information. I connected a MacBook Pro running Roon directly to my core nuc via ethernet. The Roon app could still not find the core. All other internet connections from the core nuc are solid.

Turn of any firewalls

Thanks. As far as I can tell I have no firewalls.I just checked this on my router app.

This is all I see:
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.09.38 PM

I mean on the core Linux machine

Thanks again. I have no firewalls on my core machine.

My problem is fixed. I discovered that my Synology NAS had gone down during the night. Once I rebooted it, I was able to connect to Roon.

Hello @ronfint, glad things are working again! Please let us know if you have any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.