Lost Control of Audio Device - Yamaha AS-801 - been happening since 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.8 Build 764 - ROCK on an Intel NUC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ROCK/NUC is hardwired Ethernet. Using a Raspberry Pi 4 with Ropieee as an endpoint

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ropieee USB > USB Cable > Yamaha AS-801 USB Input

Description Of Issue

Ever since 1.8, I cannot play to my Ropieee/Yamaha AS-801 for more than a few minutes without the “lost control of the audio device” error. I read a post from 2018 saying that they had this issue when switching bitrates, but this will happen to me in the middle of any song.

I also have a Mac setup running Roon Bridge in my basement with a Pro-ject DAC and AudioEngine speakers as audio devices and those have been working perfectly fine.

Edit: if I unplug the USB cable from the back and then plug it back in, the Yamaha reappears. Sometimes it will disappear and reappear by itself

1 Like

Hello @jamesd ,

If you try to plug in the Yamaha to the ROCK Core directly or to another PC running Roon, do you see the same issue occurring or only through Ropieee? Have you tried a different USB cable with the same result?

A post was split to a new topic: NAD C390DD MQA Error

Thank you! A update to Ropieee seems to have fixed it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.