Lumin Luxman Roon Only Mode / Esoteric TEAC RAAT Mode

@wklie , have Lumin done any measurements at the output for normal Roon mode verses Roon Only mode? Just wondering if anything is visible that might explain the impressions given?
I’m not trying to start a ‘you can/can’t measure everything that matters’ argument here, just wondering why Lumin thought this new mode would be a technical improvement and if they measured any?

2 Likes

@wklie , it looks like my Lumin T2 is not falling back to standby mode on Roon Only mode. So the display is staying always on, either paused tune, or just the circle if the Roon queue had ended. Is there an issue with this display being always showing the same elements for long hours please? On my side I am not concerned about electric consumption, as the rest of my set up is always on anyway. Just would prefer not to damage the display.

Have you turned on the sleep option in Roon?
Not used Lumin but on multiple of my devices it’s here
Click on the Roon sleep timer and then select a time.
Some ofy devices shut off completely and some go into a low Power mode so I can still play to them and they wake up again.

2 Likes

L1 is a UPnP server - not a streamer or player, it does not even support Roon. So it’s not included in the discussion here.

Did you try to explicit standby it in Roon app? Were you using Roon auto sleep, or the Lumin app idle setting?

You may look for whether people have done measurements for audiophile OS optimizations, as what they did for process reduction must be an order of magnitude larger than what I did here, so they would have a clearer result if that is something that can be shown up on measurement, if someone did find an appropriate and meaningful type of measurement for it.

1 Like

I’m probably pushing back against the trend here on this particular exercise……however the way I’ve evolved my listening experience is that the LUMIN app is a better listening experience to that of Roon……but it doesn’t offer all the bells and whistles of Roon. So I use Roon for my daytime listening experience but I defer to the LUMIN app for the more serious in-depth listening experience in the evenings. Personally I’m not prepared to sacrifice my options of Roon vs LUMIN app. I like them the way they are. They both serve an important part of my enjoyment of music but I like to have the option of choosing one or the other.

6 Likes

Lumin app for my network small library, big library connect direct to Sonic Transporter I use Roon.

1 Like

First time poster…long time lurker.

Better SQ is a motivator but before moving my beloved X1 into Lumin Roon Only Mode I wonder if my other zone will work using Roon on an iPad to run the Lumin? Simply put I have two end points.

I have a room nucleus and use the roon app/software to run the fancy stereo and the plain crackers whole house system. I have a “listening room” (ok den) with my high end gear as well as in a in ceiling house system.

If I switcheroo the Lumin will Roon run both the Lumin and the other end point?

TIA

If “the other endpoint” is controllable by Roon today, it will be controllable by Roon after you reconfigure the X1.
What is it?

Hi @wklie , thanks for following up. I have tried the tip from @Michael_Harris , thanks to him! But in my case it doesn’t work, I am afraid. Previously when using the T2 in standard mode, I was deferring to the T2 idle setting. I never used the Roon standby setting.

So should I revert to the standard mode and change some settings in the Lumin app if anything to do for this behaviour please?

I’ll check it and get back to you next week.

1 Like

It’s an Orchard Audio PecanPi® Streamer

2 Likes

Yes. It does not affect Roon or other endpoints.

1 Like

Thanks…cleared for takeoff

Welcome to the “non-lurking” variant of the community, have fun :+1:t3:

What’s so funny? I respect the Lumin team for trying to develop the best opportunitnies for us to get the most of our Roon connection.

I don’t know? Maybe you could clarify but you should read “Warren_Roos1” original post first…

Thx Pixel Popper… I’m a pixel pepper too.

1 Like

good one i agree +1

Just changed my U2 mini

updated my D2, Roon Only mode is a keeper! all around nice improvement in sound quality

2 Likes