Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

Hi guys in the thread. You might find these interesting:

and this is the additional walk though of the impressive software:

2 Likes

Yes, watched that earlier this week. He goes through basically every setting that 1120 has so very good information.

1 Like

I can’t find the string "DSD" in this thread …

4+ months in now and I’m still loving mine. Not a single issue.

3 Likes

How would you describe sound of 1120 and can compare it to other amps you have used? If you have tried different sound profiles that are available do you find them useful?

This is not in my main system. It is in a first floor home office. Previously in this room I was running a stereo pair of Sonos One SLs. I purchased Wharfedale Evo 4.1, stands and the Lyngdorf. I’ve not run any other amps on the Wharfedale speakers. It surely sounds better than the Sonos pair…but hardly a fair comparison. I’m not sure I even have the vocabulary to “describe” a particular amps sound. If they are coloring the sound they are not doing their job, IMO.

My goal for this system when I started out was small, cool, quiet, plays well with Roon.

Here is the original post that lead me to the 1120:

Thank you, I had read almost all of that discussion but missed those replies since July.

1 Like

Many thanks for this video - I was already very close to order this amp but video made me realize that this choice should be considered strongly…

There’s an interesting new video from Harvey Lovegrove on the Pearl Acoustics channel on YouTube about the TDAI-1120. He looks at it from the perspective of the “voicings”, those subtle DSP filters applied to the signal in the digital domain. His hearing is a lot better than mine. He is experienced in picking up frequency subtleties because of his work as a recording engineer and a speaker designer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO2AHcYygyc

3 Likes

Hello,
How does it handle subwoofer integration with the main speakers?
The subs itself have internal latency, I don’t see it’s possible to correctly integrate the subs with the mains using only the distance from the listening position.
It’s almost impossible to integrate it without help of Rew’s alignment tool in my opinion.

I think RoomPerfect will do all the job

I don’t think room perfect does bass management.
You apply room perfect after manually do bass management.

1 Like

That’s correct, you do the bass management first and then a RP calibration.

For the speakers, you measure from the MLP to the tweeters of your Front speakers. For the sub, you measure from the MLP to the wall or corner behind the sub. Then for your sub, add the appropriate distance to account for the sub’s internal latency. You can get that from the manufacturer of your sub. For example, I run a M&K X10 sub where the internal latency is quoted at 2ms, which translates to 68cm that I need to add.

When I follow the requirements and check with REW, I get extremely good integration.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi,
If we could not know the sub latency?
Does it work for two subs?
Thanks

Should be no reason for the sub manufacturer not to provide you with the sub latency figure, but if you really can’t obtain it, then REW is probably the best bet. Trial and error by adding say 1ms at time could also work, but then you really have to perform a RP calibration each time, so could be long winded.

Yes, it will work for two subs, but it works best for two subs placed in front corners I believe.

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for your reply.
I use two subwoofers in a Diagonal position (Front and rear of the room).
That’s the best location for my subs!
I was deciding between the 1120 and MiniDsp SHD Line. But I do not see the flexbility I will have with minidsp in the 1120 regarding subs placements.
In Mindsp you just enter the delay you got in REW’s Aligment tool.

Thanks
Antonio

1 Like

Hi Antonio,

Given your set up, I think you would likely get better results with the MiniDSP due to its increased flexibility over the 1120. The 1120 and RP could also give good results, but I can’t recall a similar set up with the stereo Lyngdorf systems that I’ve seen and heard.

Steve

@Stephen_Crawford

Thanks.
Regarding sub integration minidsp is unbeatable.
I wish I would buy the Lyngdorf, i heard so many good reviews of it, but…!!!
Thanks again
Antônio

1 Like

Hi there,

I"m about to replace my current set, Kef LS50 Wireless. As for amp I’m looking at the Lyngdorf TDAI 1120. It has two points wich are important to me, that is: Roon Ready and Room Perfect. Another player I like very much is the new Marantz Model 40… it sure have the looks, it has some sort of bass management to integrate a subwoofer and it is Roon Tested. Which one of the two is the big question. Next friday (04/22) I shall listen to the Lyngdorf, for the Marantz it is a little difficult, because of availabilty at the moment. Speakers will be Focal Aria 906 and subwoofer is my good old friend XTZ 10.17 Edge.

1 Like