Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

From standby to having audio through the speakers my 1120 is:
Roon - couple of seconds
HDMI Arc - about 10 seconds.

1 Like

I don’t use my 1120 with HDMI, but on Roon there is an immediate click when I press play and right at the 2 seconds mark, music is playing through the speakers.

HTH

1 Like

DIRAC and RoomPerfect equipment are unclear to me. So allow me to ask:

Is there a “box” that goes between (for example) pre-amp and amp that allows you to adjust the curve in the room (via microphone) rather than buying an integrated amp with (either of the above built in)?

In terms of Lyngdorf it is all built into the box and software and everything is included and is run from the Lyngdorf app with the mic plugged into the TDAI-1120 or other box and looks really slick.

In terms of Dirac live (at least in regards to my Arcam SA30) I had to install the Dirac live software on a PC or Mac. I then plugged the supplied USB Mic into my Mac and that did the measurements. I was quite impressed with the results, though my Arcam does not do real bass management like the Lyngdorf or NAD M10 etc.
I imagine it would be even better on those devices.

As @Michael_Harris on the Lyngdorf it is built in. It ships with the microphone and LONG cable. I’ve done tons of room measurements with a USB mic, laptop, REW software, etc. All for my home brewed, biamped, 2-way active set up. Not exactly user friendly.

Could not be easier with the Lyngdorf. Read the instructions, do what it says to do, walk around placing the mic in different spots…BOOM, done.

Given that my main, dedicated room is well treated and my room with Lyngdorf is not AND the gear, cost, effort in the main room is probably 100 X more I can’t believe how great my bookshelf/TDAI-1120 set up sounds.

If I were to move and/or start over from scratch I 100% would have something like this:

Not this:

Sorry for the mess on both ends. In 2nd picture you can see old, dedicated laptop was recently pulled out for more measurements, tweaking. The fun of the learning curve and playing around is wearing off. I’m ready for the next chapter, of listening, not fussing about.

2 Likes

This has me worried :rofl:

Though I have to say, not owning a Lyngdorf and using some others, the RoomPerfect looks to be about the best system.

1 Like

As @Michael_Harris on the Lyngdorf it is built in. It ships with the microphone and LONG cable. I’ve done tons of room measurements with a USB mic, laptop, REW software, etc. All for my home brewed, biamped, 2-way active set up. Not exactly user friendly.

Could not be easier with the Lyngdorf. Read the instructions, do what it says to do, walk around placing the mic in different spots…BOOM, done.

Given that my main, dedicated room is well treated and my room with Lyngdorf is not AND the gear, cost, effort in the main room is probably 100 X more I can’t believe how great my bookshelf/TDAI-1120 set up sounds.

If I were to move and/or start over from scratch I 100% would have something like this:

Not this:

Sorry for the mess on both ends. In 2nd picture you can see old, dedicated laptop was recently pulled out for more measurements, tweaking. The fun of the learning curve and playing is wearing off. I’m ready for the next chapter of listening not fussing about.

Ha, we really need a LOL icon along with the heart/like.

Its not bad. I am typically NOT a RTFM type of guy. With the Lyngdorf app it is more like a wizard you next, next, next work through…even PICTURES if I remember correctly.

What was most interesting to me was the “noises” the RoomPerfect system makes. Nothing like the 20-20,000Hz sweeps I’m used to with REW, Mini-DSP UMK-1 and Xillica active XO set up.

As a follow up to @7NoteScale 's question. I’m not 100% sure just based on what I have read but I believe there are “boxes” you can put in-between your gear that will give you the DIRAC option. I seem to remember lots of HT people lamenting about stuff from MiniDSP.

Start here maybe https://www.minidsp.com/dirac-series No personal experiance

1 Like

I am not very bright, and my edumucation is limited. The Lyngdorf is an integrated amp, correct? My original and obscure question was whether there exists a box that goes between pre-amp and amp, and the correction is done in that box for those who do not need/want an integrated amp.

McIntosh makes the MEN220 that does that but it is ~8 years old and apparently has limited resolution.

In the link provided there’s a config guide for the minidsp.

Thank you but it quotes: ”24/96* high-resolution audio”….is that notba concern?

Hi there does anyone know if TDAI-1120 supports MQA via Roon ?

1 Like

It has no MQA capabilities.

That said, you can set Roon to do the “first unfold”.

Does anyone know when will they add MQA decoding capablitiy to the 1120?
After all it is only software update…

Today, check your amp to download.

Thanks.
Yes…
I have installed the update.
I have now an issue - when I check the signal path - I see error message of “unknown filter”/
Does anyone know how to fix it?

and onother one -

Haim that is a message passed back from the Roon endpoint on the Lyngdorf side.
It does seem strange that the Lyngdorf Roon Ready module doesn’t know what the settings on its own DAC does.
What DAC filter are you running on the Lyngdorf (slow roll off, Brick wall etc)? K don’t own one but they are common
It probably doesn’t mean anything though

Hi, I’ve check mine and the same, don’t look at that much so wouldn’t have known! All MQA looks like it’s working though.

I do not use any special filter

Haim it just looks like the Lyngdorf is not feeding Roon the correct information. It doesn’t need to be a special filter, but with DACS there is almost always a default filter selected.

Have you contacted Lyngdorf support about this?

This was discussed in another thread that you started.
I believe it is a Lyngdorf issue.
Everything you see past Lyngdorf tdai-1120 in the signal path is from Lyngdorf, not Roon.
I would follow up with Lyngdorf.
You was informed of this here.