M1 Mac Mini not working after update to MacOs 13.2[Ventura], while my MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.6.2 work fine

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini M1 8GB ram, Ventura 13.2
MacBook Pro 14 ghz Quad core intel i5 8GB ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Wireless connection to Bluesound Node

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My Mac mini had been working for a year until I upgraded from OS Monterey to Ventura.
After the upgrade, the Roon ‘Audio’ page is blank.
But when I change over to my MacBook Pro it works fine

Hi, fellow user here
So when you use your mini none of the audio endpoints do show, but when you use remote roon on you MBP you are seeing all your audio endpoints?
Do you see your mini speakers on the osx audio prefs?
Maybe reinstalling the roon on mini would help.

@Peter_Schieve, I am confused in your Roon Core list. What is your primary Roon Core, the M1 or MBPro, or another device? Do you have two Cores available to you?

I tried that, same results

No, I deauthorize the MacBook and reauthorize the Mini

Hope there are better ideas but a wipe out and clean reinstall of osx it comes to my mind

Hey @Peter_Schieve,

Welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here, but also apologize for it being an issue that prompted for your first post.

What you’re experiencing sounds very similar to a known issue currently tied to Ventura specifically. You can read more about it here, as well as a potential workaround in the meantime:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.