Mac Mini Core skipping over Wifi since 1.7 update

I’m also having this problem with Roon on my Mac Mini Server. I’m using a Gustard U16 USB interface connected to the Mac Mini and outputting to Chord Dave DAC via a Coaxial Cable. On the Network side I’ve a standard AT&T router and the Mac Mini is connected to the network wirelessly.

The tracks skipping issue happens when streaming both from Qobuz and Tidal which ruins my music listening sessions.

Hi @Marlon_Cipriano

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this behavior, can I please request the following information so that we can better understand the issue?

1. How often are you seeing this behavior? Is it once an hour, once a day, more/less? Does it seem to happen with specific content? What was the exact time this last happened?
  2. What are the specifications of your Core (CPU/RAM)?
  3. Does this behavior occur on multiple endpoints or are you just seeing it occur on one?
  4. What is your network setup like? Can you list the model/manufacturer of your AT&T router?
  5. What is your internet connection download/upload speed? You can check this on speedtest.net
  6. What is the exact failure state - Does Roon fail to complete the song mid-way? Does this issue ever occur at the start of the track?
  7. Does logging in and out of Qobuz/TIDAL have any effect?

Once again apologies for the frustrations here, please let me know the above details when possible for our investigation. Thank you.

Hi @nathan2,

No worries, problems happen and I’m sure that Roon team will get it fixed.

Please see my responses below.

It’s very unpredictable and happens randomly but yesterday for example it happened more than 10x. There is no specific pattern of occurrence, it happened twice in a row in less than 5 minutes, then at random times maybe 30 mins to 2h apart.
It’s not content specific, Qobuz, Tidal and local library files seem to be affected by this issue.

2018 Mac Mini

• 3.0GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
  • 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory

I only use Gustard U16 endpoint at the house for all my rigs, and my iPhone very seldom. The reported issues were noticed this weekend during my extended listening sessions on Gustard U16 end point.

Modem brand and model: WPS BGW210. Ethernet cable from the wall to modem and modem providing wireless network to the house.

Download: 40 Mbps
Upload: 12.4 Mbps

Roon fails to complete the song sometimes before mid-way, mid-way (a bit more often) and at 3/4 (also often). Sometimes it just stops playing at the transition between the end of a track and the beginning of another. So I’ve been experiencing two issues - songs skipping and stopping.

I’ve not tried this. Will do and report back.

I haven’t experienced the issue today and I’m about 3 hrs in my listening session and I’ll surely report if there’s any recurrence of the issue.

After almost 5 hrs in, it happened twice within a 10 minutes period.

Hey @Marlon_Cipriano,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Thanks Mike. Will give it a shot and report back.

1 Like

Mike,

I hope you and the team have had a good Thanksgiving around your most important ones.

I’m here to happily report that the bugs were apparently fixed with the latest update. I’ve been listening throughout the weekend without a single dropout nor skips.

Thank you for fixing this issue so quickly and most importantly for the amazing service.

Marlon