MacMini Core doesn't see AudioQuest DragonFly DAC USB connected to remote MacMini running Roon Bridge

I’ve done two test. In the first I swapped role of two Mac Mini: I installed regular Roon app configured as Core on Vecchio Riccardo and installed RoonBridge on Mac Mini di Riccardo. The result is the same, Vecchio Riccardo doesn’t see RoonBridge on Mac Mini di Riccardo.
In the second test, I installed all-in-one Roon app on both Mac and configured them as Core. They see same Music library on a common NAS, in this case all seems to work both Core play music on audio devices either local that remote and they have access to same Music Storage.
It could be right or could be problems with two core on the same network?

Hi @Riccardo_Caldarella,

I don’t quite understand what you meant here. Did you mean that when you had the Core on Vecchio Riccardo that the Dragonfly worked as expected?

My question more-so here was what happens if you have the Vecchio Riccardo connected to the Mac Mini di Riccardo Core, does the Vecchio Riccardo see the Dragonfly when in this configuration?

Yes, the Core on Vecchio Riccardo sees DragonFly plugged into it and works as expected.
What I have changed in the environment is that I moved iTunes Media Library from HDD of Mac Mini di Riccardo to a NAS connected to the same LAN of both Mac Mini.
In this situation both Mac Mini with Roon can access same Music Folder and play music on local devices including DAC (DragonFly and TEAC) or on remote audio devices via Airplay without need of Roon Bridge.
Finally this is what I expect and I guess that this topic can be closed.
Thanks a lot for your help and support.

2 Likes

Hi @Riccardo_Caldarella,

Glad to hear the behavior is resolved with using Roon in Client mode! If you have any further issues, do let us know and we can take a look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.