macOS Catalina’s new security model broke Roon - how does this happen?

I am not quite sure why you (and others) made an assumption that I am having the issue of accessing my music on the external drive?

I am saying it again, it is not the technical issue, I am frustrated because of the Roonlabs’s inaction and indifferent attitude to their clients, they do not seem to take client complaints seriously, they do not escalate to issue to their top priority, their ceo does not seem to care?

Understood. Now that we have that firmly established, you don’t need to post your REPEATED concerns on this issue. Roon is fully aware of @Quentin_in_FranCisco concerns. How could they not be? Further such posts are unproductive. Another long term forum poster referred to it as trolling. I would agree with him. I also don’t expect you to stop, but understand you are not going to get anything accomplished with your tactics.

2 Likes

These are assumptions on your part.

1 Like

Please do not be a parody.

I do not stop, I just quit.
No longer interested, because you guys keep putting your heads in the sands, defending something that is not defensible.

I am sad, sad because this is what is turned out of a company that I put a great hope on.

You keep stating the same assertions over and over with not basis in fact. There is no doubt in my mind, and most others I think, that Roon is deeply concerned about this and working their asses off to get it resolved as quickly and technically sound as possible.

3 Likes

Adobe thinks there are problems with the CURRENT version of Photoshop running under Catalina even if you don’t. In fact, they are suggesting you not upgrade to Catalina until they can fix the problems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html#Knowncompatibilityissues

Don’t give up on Roon based solely on what you see (or DON’T see) in the Forum. As sure as you are that they don’t care about their customers, I’m sure it is quite different than that. But I can understand how you’ve come to your view.

The Roon folks have been doing this a while. They may have come to understand that too much talking about the deliverable is counter-productive. For example, if a fix was coming tomorrow, you wouldn’t say ‘its coming tomorrow’. You’d wait for tomorrow and post it. More likely they started looking into the problem and found it to be a mess. In that case, what does one say? It will be three weeks and two days? If you think it will be a week away, it’s too far away to be sure that is the right timeframe. Not hearing anything is frustrating, for sure. But us hearing stuff that doesn’t come to be isn’t any better in aggregate.
At the end of the day they have to earn your trust back, no doubt about it. Hope you’ll give Roon the chance.

5 Likes

Very well said, I would totally agree with @grossmsj.

I can’t help feeling that it’s actually the other way round. One has to be open to the possibility that people are deserving of your trust. If you don’t give it, it may be a failing on your part.

6 Likes

oh, wow: Photoshop is indeed unusable because of those glitches! :laughing:
and one of them, the most serious one, does depend on third party developers, so it is beyond Adobe control

Nice saying!

So I guess the saying “the customer is always right”, “the customer is king”, and while I was traveling in Japan, I even saw some shops put out a sign - the customer is god…

Is no longer true here?

1 Like

I don’t think Roon cares if the remote drive issue is resolved. They have Roon Core hardware to sell and are very active getting other hardware Roon compatible. Fixing a MAC issue doesn’t add to their bottom line.

2 Likes

The lack of any statement from Roon principals regarding status on this issue is troublesome for me. It erodes confidence in the platform.

4 Likes

That is certainly not the case. Roon have said in this article that their entire team has been working on a Catalina fix. The wheels are definitely turning.

3 Likes

You really believe this?

I am not quite sure why you (and others) made an assumption that I am having the issue of accessing my music on the external drive?

Presumably because that’s the subject of the thread, and the basis of the problem?

1 Like

They’ve shown little reason to believe otherwise here, on their support forum.

Thanks for the article link!

Explains the lack or urgency shown by Roon.

1 Like

Mark, you nor I know what resources are being expended, but I have no doubt they are working on this as a top priority.

1 Like