macOS m1 Roon is damaged and cannot be opened

Roon Core Machine

MacMini Apple M1,
MacOs 12,x and 13.0 Ventura

Networking Gear & Setup

Details not relevant.
The Roon-App does not even open anymore.

Description of Issue

After downloading the newest release from Roon (29,10.2022) Roon does not even start. “Roon” is damaged and cannot be opened. It is recommended to move the object to the recycle bin.

Bildschirm­foto 2022-10-29 um 17.17.56

@Andreas_Dorta, sorry to hear about your issues with your Mac. Have you looked at these posts which appear similar and also have some solutions to try:

1 Like

No, I have not adapted any fonts or files.
roon has informed me that a new version is available. I have installed it. Also, because the alarm clock no longer worked today. Dieser MacMini ist reserviert für roon.

Meanwhile I have reinstalled roon several times. The current version for MacOS seems to be corrupt and no longer works with an M1 processor.

Try this solution, which was a few posts down in the thread that @Robert_F shared with you.

2 Likes

This did not work for me. Did uninstall completely and had to freshly install. Now Roon starts again. Lost all the settings, again.
Also the extensions with alarm clock do not work anymore. But this is a different story.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.