Main albums don't show!

• The problem is only with certain artists. Of the 36 artist in my library that report 50 or more main albums only with two artists the Main albums section is missing. See below the non-working artists Joan Baez and Metallica. A sample of a working artist is David Bowie.

• I normally edit albums with external tools like MusicBrainz Picard or Puddletag. When I edit an album in Roon it is only to change the album picture or combine albums that are part of a boxset. I can not confirm that I have edited any of the albums that do not show up.

• Show Hidden Tracks and Albums is set to Yes.

Screenshot from 2021-04-02 17-47-09

Screenshot from 2021-04-02 17-45-08
Screenshot from 2021-04-02 17-41-26

1 Like

Had the same problem witch Lionel Richies Tuskegee album.

I have a local (non-deluxe) version as primary.
Overview does not show the album.
Discography shows a Deluxe version of the album but with no ‘in library’ indicator. If I open this album I see the not-primary deluxe version. Opening the version tab shows me my local version marked as primary and 3 Tidal versions.
Tracks of my primary version of the album are shown in the popular tracks area.

Maybe this problems has something to do with different album versions with different track count.

1 Like

Only local library.
Only certain ones.
Show hidden set on yes.
Screenshot of faults:

Must show “Black Avenue EP” and “Infitrade” (see ‘My Library’)

Must show “Cuanto Quanto EP”, “Empty Void EP”, “Eolionimia EP” and “Gamma Crucis EP”, also check ‘My Library’

Please fix this, I cannot enjoy my carefully groomed library.

2 Likes

@dylan : I’ve described a particularly simple example of this behavior here:

I’ll be happy to provide additional details if needed.

2 Likes

Same problem here. I have a big library of recordings of my several bands and my own productions. I checked the files for tags: everything’s just fine there. In my artist page there are no albums, but when I go to albums and filter by my name everything shows up. My artist name is Yanco. No idea why but, many of my albums show up with Yamco/Yanco. I cant even click on Yamco.
I’m using a qnap ts NAS, windows client, all updated to latest version.

1 Like

@support: Another example. I recently ripped the entire Robert Casadesus Complete Columbia Album Collection. At the artist page of Robert Casadesus, all 60 albums are shown in Overview:

On the Discography page, just 17 albums are shown:

These seem to be exclusively the albums I was able to really identify with the Roon database track by track. What I mean with this: The Complete Columbia Album Collection is just a stub in the TiVo database, just the album title with no tracks. The albums that I identified in this way are not shown on the Discography page. Other albums could be identified with a different CD edition in a proper manner, i. e. with track-by-track matching. These albums are shown in the Discography section.

Hope this brings a little light into the issue.

2 Likes

This happens with many artists but not all.

Miles Davis is an easy one:

Here’s what it thinks is in my library:

And yet here is
“Four & More” clearly in my local library:

Making a Qobuz version of Kind of Blue as Primary made it finally show up in my library while the local version did not.

Here is Sketches Of Spain, again clearly in the library…and yet…not?

Panthalassa…clearly in my library…but not?

I could go on and on. I’m dumbfounded that more people aren’t reporting this or that it can’t be readily reproduced. This plagues a large part of my Roon library, especially Jazz.

1 Like

John Coltrane is another that is messed up:

Where is Coltrane '58 for example? Not in Overview…not played as part of my library and yet…lo and behold…

Not one but two versions in my library…

What is going on here? I could go on all day with examples like this. I have lost all confidence that Roon has any any idea what is in my library and what is not.

Isn’t library management Roon’s most fundamental purpose? Isn’t aggregating local files with Tidal and Qobuz one of Roon’s main selling points (according to the website)? It’s not like these are obscure artists or this is an obscure use case.

1 Like

I have added and removed Giant Steps, even different versions, over and over, and I can NOT get it to be part of my library. It shows as in library:

BUT, it does not show up in my John Coltrane library, nor in Overview, nor does it play as part of my library, nor does it ever show up in any shuffle plays. It’s in the library…and yet…not.

Some albums can be fixed by removing them and adding them again, but some not. Pulling my hair out with this…

Can anyone else on this thread or at Roon get this album to show up properly in their library?

FWIW this problem occurs with Qobuz albums, local albums, etc.

1 Like
3 Likes