Marantz Cinema Line [HEOS] - When is it Roon Ready?

Just confirming, as we probably all suspected, that the Denon Home 350 also downsamples to 44.1.

Thanks. Just the Denon Home Amp (the Denonified cheaper version of the Marantz M1) to check.

New Denon AVC-A10H will be first Roon Ready certified AVR:

No support of multichannel/Atmos via Heos for this unit as it is still 2-channel system only.

Wondering which Denon/Marantz AVRs and integrated amps are in the line to be certified next.

1 Like

For me, the lack of multichannel support is a dealbreaker. Why can’t they make HEOS multichannel, especially on a receiver this expensive?

1 Like

Now that Roon is part of the Harmon group, I wonder if we will eventually improved receivers (with better sound quality than Denon/Marantz) which offer full multichannel and dolby atmos support. The latest JBL receivers are quite light on features.

The HEOS hardware was never designed to support multichannel. The small amount of people that use multichannel for music is tiny and it’s also a lot more bandwidth especially on WiFi connected devices which lots use on their AV amps etc. lowest common denominator and stability likely the factors. They are not alone many other systems only support it over hdmi.

You mean first for that product line. There have been other Roon Ready AVRs for awhile, I think.

I am referring to Denon/Marantz more expensive models. I would bet that most of these users use ethernet. Also, with the growing catalog of dolby/atmos titles, my feeling is that the multichannel audience will grow.

1 Like

According to this post in another forum, we may need to wait for a new HEOS+ (and new models with the needed hardware) for multichannel.