Marantz SACD 30n Roon Ready

Marantz SACD 30n is both Roon Ready and Roon Tested at the partner page.
Does this mean it now supports RAAT now? But I still only see an Roon Tested Airplay2 endpoint…

Maybe there is, or will be immenently, a firmware update that you have to apply.

You will have to wait for the next HEOS update for your machine. It’s passed certification Roons side but will need a HEOS update to enable it on the SACD30n.

Does this mean that the denon/marantz-process is becoming finally to an end when it comes to the long dreaded certification?

I’m curious when my stuff will get the updates

Denon/Marantz are doing staggered rollout and only few devices will be certified in the first batch: Denon powered speakers and Marantz SACD 30n, see reference to another topic in my previous post.

I have the 30n and am excited by the prospect of Roon Ready certification. But it could also just be someone testing something on the Roon website as we’ve seen the 30n labeled Roon Ready before, only to disappear later.

Response from Marantz today:

Hello, We intend to release an update later this week which should allow the Roon Tested label to switch to Roon Ready with the SACD30n. We recommend having the ‘Auto-update’ feature enabled on the SACD30n.

2 Likes

This will be significant.

Please share how this integration works.

I am hoping my older equipment will be supported.

I wonder which input setting on my 30n will be used for Roon Ready?

I’d imagine it will switch to it when your play much like Spotify, Airplay and Tidal do currentlly. I can’t select those manually to my knowledge only
Internet which automatically switches to HEOS Music on my Model40n

1 Like

So … a surprise after back home from work:

4 Likes

Great news, how is it working so far?

The Model 30N and Model 30 amp are suddenly looking like a great option for Roon users :man_facepalming:
(I can not, I must not :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: )

4 Likes
1 Like

DNP-2000, Very happy about it :smile::smile:

Seems to work fine

1 Like

Works great on SACD 30n!

Will compare to my Aurender in the coming days in terms of sound quality. User interface is no comparison.

1 Like

Hmm. Whilst I know that the DNP-2000 (as well as other devices) was part of the firmeware announcement, I thought that the devices listed on the Roon partners page was supposed to be definitive.

However, for Denon, only the three Denon Home devices are listed as Roon Ready on the page at:

https://roon.app/en/partners/104/denon

Similarly, for Marantz: Only the SACD 30n is listed as Roon Ready.

Are these pages no longer definitive?

Presumably they will shortly get updated by the Roon Labs Partners Team…

Just updated firmware on DNP2000NE and MarantzM1.

Also updated HEOS software.

Both working nicely as Roon Ready.

Can’t group with legacy devices when playing Roon.

Will be more thoroughly testing RHEOS over the weekend but so far works nicely.

1 Like

What does the Roon signal path look like on your 30n? Lossless?

I am unsure where the equalization is being applied? All DSP is turned off within Roon and there are no equalization options that I can find on the 30n.