Marantz SACD 30n Roon Ready

only a 60n cd player or 40n networked amp to go in that range.

1 Like

Can you not group them in HEOS? Roon can’t sync to what it can’t see. But if it’s a group outside of Roon that system could take over. I know it does for Naim stuff, but you have to have it playing all ready then use the native apps sync and it picks it up.

They are never up to date these days for long.

No - not if the lead device is connected to Roon.

Not surprised but will mean I stick with RHEOS for this purpose (or decide it’s time to get a set of M4s if I can replace the other features such as zone control and fixed groups I rely upon).

1 Like

How is DSD content, up to 128 as per HEOS?

Roon Partner pages now updated for both Denon and Marantz…

1 Like

Mine is lossless, no EQ in the path. I didn’t do anything special.

I must say, as a LONG time critic of Roon sound quality, it sounds extremely good. The best I’ve ever heard Roon. Better than with HQPlayer. I think completely eliminating USB is the key.

I love how the 30n’s remote now controls Roon playback. Great update!

1 Like

Yes. DSD works great. I have like 500 ripped SACDs.

1 Like

Thanks for confirmation of what I am seeing is just me. I’ll try the reboot everything dance.

The 30n remote controlling Roon playback is a plus I had not expected.

2 Likes

Have you looked at the equalization settings you have for your player in HEOS? Some HEOS devices have them. Look under the settings for the device and “EQ”.

Certainly the M1 reflects changes to the “Treble” and “Bass”. When set to zero my signal path is lossless with no DSP.

Shame the control is not more 2-way so this could be adjusted in ROON (maybe a project for a future RHEOS version!)

1 Like

Ah… good call. Thank you. I will check the HEOS app for sure. That makes sense, the EQ is certainly happening post RAAT, so not a Roon setting. The 30n itself does not appear to have any EQ/Tone settings, but HEOS just might.

Quick update… absolutely no EQ settings in the HEOS app. So I deleted the HEOS app and then did a factory reset on the 30n and went through the setup wizard on the device. All good now, lossless signal path, no EQ.

What went awry?, no idea. I’ll point blame to the ghost in the machine.

Back to the music.

1 Like

Weird, but good its fixed.

1 Like

OkayI have a question, can Roon control the variable output of the SACD30n ?

Yes it can

1 Like

Great that makes it on my list of digital preamps to look into.

Could I just clarify what inputs and sources are Roon controlled/compatible on the Sacd 30n, please, as I’m interested in this player?

Is it the network input, or USB? Is it able to stream Tidal and other services, or only local files?

Just HEOS so network playback, Roon Ready is only over the network. It will work as Roon endpoint.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t understand, I thought the point of Roon is that it replaced Heos for streaming?

What about Tidal?

Roon Ready is built into the HEOS software stack. If you have Tidal in Roon it will play Tidal via Roon to it like any other endpoint.

1 Like