Matrix Mini-I Pro 3 : Roon ready or not?

Anyone with this unit care to comment on how it sounds as a headphone amp? I am looking at comparisiosn to the RME-ADI-2 ?

Any updates from Matrix on this being Roon approved?

Was hoping to grab one of these as a intro into headphones but not keen without it being Roon Ready.

Had an email with Matrix last week.
Still in testing for certification.
I guess they not the only people dealing with Roon on this so guess we just have to be patient and wait.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I guess it will happen eventually so may just have to use a different input until then.

I’m sure it will. Rest of their main streamer are certified so see no reason why this wouldn’t be. Worth waiting in my opinion too as their product is great stuff.

1 Like

Update on Roon ready status from 24 November

Thats a refreshing change from a vendor, shame the rest dont act like this and not throw their toys out of the pram. But with this being a focused Roon product its not surprising.

I have a Matrix product and will add to this that their customer support is first rate.
I’ve not had any problems with my device but have had some queries, they have always responded within one day and always with clear and useful answers.
Good stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks for that.

Now just waiting another day to see if there are any good Black Friday sales :smiley:

Hi, it’s actually discounted right now on shenzhenaudio.com . I just ordered one.

Bye, Sunny

Well got one of these yesterday and must say for what they cost they are pretty darn good.

Just waiting for the Roon certification so can use it as intended. Hoping this will happen in the next couple of weeks so can get some use out of it over the Xmas break.

3 Likes

I’m looking at buying the device as a Christmas gift. I was wondering if there is any development as far as the Roon Ready certification ?

I’d be curious how the DAC sounds vs the Pro-Ject Pre bo s2. I was going to get a Pro-Ject Stream box to go with my DAC. However, if the Mini-3 Pro sounds as good or even beats the Pro-Ject, I would prefer the one-box solution. Of course, I would wait for Roon certification.

There’s a recent review of the unit here:

I watched this video last week and it made me want one :wink:
There is starting to be a trickle of mid range of all in one Roon ready devices and hopefully more come along and create more competition

Regards

Mike

1 Like

Hi together,

still nothing new? I also ased in the chinese and the english Matrix Audio forums. Maybe, there will be an answer. Who’s turn is it now? Roon to check the firmware or Matrix Audio to develop another new firmware that works with roon? Does this know somebody?

Thanks and best regards,
Manuel

It’s a two process between both parties. Roon won’t comment until it’s certified as that breaks their agreements with the vendors.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I understand.

I am unsure and worried because it is much money for the DAC and would be very annoying if it will not be certified. If there is a chance for the near future (1-2 months) I will be satiesfied.
I bought this device as roon-ready. Otherwise I would not have bought it.
But now I have to wait and hope :slight_smile:

Best regards
Manuel

1 Like

Your best talking to Matrix support as I said Roon won’t comment on it. I am sure it won’t be long. Matrix seem pretty commited to Roon so I would be confident it will get sorted asap.

1 Like

My guess is a couple of weeks once we get past the holiday period.
Probably just wishful thinking on my part though :slight_smile:

1 Like