Max volume on start of playback via Airplay - Naim Mu-so & Mu-so Qb [Solved]

Hi @support, using roon latest version. I use 3 Naim MuSo devices. they are all configured to max volume of 85 and comfort of 65. whenever i startup, they launch at 100% volume however, and if i forget i blast my ears, guests and have to manually adjust. I believe it should set automatically at no more than max volume. is this a bug?

1 Like

Hello @nate_lynch,

Iā€™m able to reproduce this behavior with the hardware we have in-house. A ticket has been filed with the development team for further investigation. Until this gets sorted out, you may be able to prevent some of the ā€œear-blastingā€ by setting the maximum volume in the Naim app. You can find this setting by tapping the ā€œgearā€ icon in the top right of the screen, then opening the ā€œOther settingsā€ screen.

-John

thanks for the validation. Iā€™ve classified the bug personally as irrational exuberance about the volume that music SHOULD be played at, but not what my ears can currently support. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • 1 waiting patiently with ear plugs firmly inserted :confounded:
2 Likes

any update on this bug?

Hi @nate_lynch,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue. This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we donā€™t yet have a timeframe for when thatā€™s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, Iā€™ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

ā€“ Noris

thank you.

+1

Very heavy on the earsā€¦

+1 ā€“ May have to see ear doctorā€¦

I set Roon to Fixed Volume on this device to avoid more ear damage. This seems to work, but I canā€™t control Muso volume with Roon App. Is there any other disadvantage to setting Roon to Fixed Volume? Any update on when this bug will be fixed?

iā€™d love it fixed and my neighbors would also.

Hi @noris, all,
One more sufferer here - playback at 100% when using airplay to Naim Mu-so endpoint - I posted details in the thread Volume jumping to 100% but probably equally / more appropriate here. Soon I will be more than just tone-deaf ā€¦

1 Like

If I said this is becoming a nuisance, I would be guilty of understatement :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Hello All,

Thanks for the reports. I just checked our internal tracker and I see that the dev team is still investigating this issue. As soon as we have any new updates to share, I will be sure to let you know on this thread.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @nate_lynch/@Pixelpopper/@Ulrik_Willumsgaard/@ToneDeaf/@Anthony_Saracino,

Can I please ask you to provide the current firmware & product version of your MuSo that youā€™re experiencing this issue with? You can find the firmware version using either of these two methods:

1. Navigate to http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_MUSO/1000/index.html -> Click the ā€œoverviewā€ tab -> IP address in settings -> Audio in Roon

2. Navigating to the Mu-so in the Naim Android/iOS app and selecting settings -> About.

Thanks,
Noris

App version 5.11.2, Build version 4342, Streamer version 1.7.11, BSL version3.2.0

1 Like

Details for my devices attached.

1 Like

Hi @noris

See attached

and

1 Like

ps, via web access I also see 366.0 for airplay firmware, @noris.

1 Like

P.S. I had thought that setting Roon to Fixed Volume for this device corrected this issue. It did not.

Now trying with a wired connection, and it happened again:
Started through pc application:
Using the Android stuff Iā€™m having same releases as ā€˜ToneDeafā€™.