Melco S100 Switch

You don’t quite understand Krutch. The dealer has been a friend for many years, and we have essentially been making this journey together. I was the one who introduced him to Roon in his personal system, from which the S100 came.
He is now pining for a replacement, so he can start to enjoy his music again. No tricks involved.

I’ve wondered why some folks find it difficult to accept a person’s belief that something like cables or network switches give them an audible improvement in sound, when at the same time the exact same skeptics may also be accepting in the belief of religion?

1 Like

I’ve been an atheist for almost 50 years. Never been sorry for attaining that awareness.

I don’t believe in uber cables, uber switches, or uber streamers.

Belief in those things and belief in one’s special powerful friend are instances of magical thinking.

5 Likes

no direct reference to any particular person here. Just a thought.

May well do, but for the moment I’m enjoying my new music collection, imaginary or not.

Political discussions are not allowed here. I suggest we observe the same restriction for religious discussions, out of respect for each other’s beliefs.

2 Likes

Surely you intended that as a provocative statement to stir the pot. I suggest you don’t bring up religion in any audio discussions going forward. Poor taste man.

2 Likes

Sure, you’re entitled to your opinion on what you think I was intending. I did not intend to stir the pot. Like I said, it was just something I wonder about sometimes. I read a lot of forums and there are always the two camps of the believers and non believers. I was merely mulling the irony of some people who don’t believe what something else hears but they themselves believe in something which others may not. Religion was an easy to understand example. Yes it may have been in poor taste; perhaps I should have used an example like flat earth believers or anti-vaxxers. At the end of the day, i subscribe to a live and let live mentality.

The difference is that flat earthers and anti-vaxxers are recognized as delusional by almost everyone.

3 Likes

I’m not insulting anyone. I didn’t call anyone out. It’s merely a thought and a viewpoint.

Fine I will leave it at that.

Melco switch.
Probably works well and has good audible improvement, topic starter may be right, but I’ll decide for myself when and if I get a chance to listen to the switch myself.
I have a netgear 308 and recently bought an SOtM SNH-10G and thought the Sotm switch sounded better.
I bought some pricey RCA interconnects, but didn’t find them much different from generic cheap ones.

Simple answer: I can’t prove there is or is not a God. But one can prove that the Melco S100 switch doesn’t bring any audible improvement over the $49.00 NETGEAR switch, using straightforward measurements. This has already been accomplished by the folks at ASR, for those that wish to take the time to read.

1 Like

Oh dear…

As much as I like your responses normally : I strongly disagree with that. Both situations are very very similar : you are trying to prove the absence of something. Either a God, or a sonic benefit.

Proving an absence, is for all intents and purposes impossible. (Just try and prove to me, that there is no ant in your house).

What you are providing, is absence of evidence. Evidence of absence, is something very different.

Full disclosure : non-religious person speaking here… and not ‘believing’ in these switches as well. The latter I won’t even discuss, it’s not worth my or anyone’s time.

OK… I have a math degree and I do understand logic. I was being sarcastic with my response, not trying to formulate a logically correct statement.

Yeah… audiophiles…

Just cause you don’t have the money to play doesn’t mean the game is rigged. Your comments waste everyones’ time.

1 Like

it happened to me with the dCS Bridge plus ROON combination, that using the best ports (the first 4 ports) of the Melco S100 switch I have packet losses and jerks in playback then ROON skips to the next track and the errors repeat … if I connect to the next (faster) ports everything runs smoothly, but it won’t be the same quality!