Merging NADAC when will it be determined Roon Ready

No, there are problems with both the architecture of Ravenna as well as how the code is deployed/built.

I got far down the talks with Merging, but ran into these roadblocks. The work never moved from there, and probably won’t.

Damn. There was early talk by Merging (in the podcast with @ComputerAudiophile from CA Forum) that Zman would be Roon compatible

So while existing products (Hapi and Horus) may not work, what about the upcoming Anubis, the first to feature their Zman module?

Have you discussed Zman already with them ? Especially recently?

Or is it completely independent of that?

Maybe worth a new chat with Merging, given things have developed with Zman (I initially thought it fizzled).

Of course Ravenna doesn’t really matter for Roon users if future gear is Roon Ready.

Not related to NADAC because it doesn’t feature the Zman module (newly announced Merging Anubis does…) but the current Zman page shows Roon endpoint support. Is this no longer applicable?

Roon OS may not be able to play direct to NADAC via Ravenna but maybe there is motivation to add the Linux Ravenna driver to Roon OS for Anubis and future Zman based products?

You are asking the wrong person. From that diagram, it looks like it’ll be Roon Ready – is ZMAN even released yet?

This is moot if their diagram still presents their plan.

Agreed and I mentioned the same 3 weeks ago:

All of my Ravenna Linux ALSA driver support in Roon OS questions were based on my initial question if the block diagram is up to date or not. Anubis features Zman and ships in ~2 weeks… so I assumed you would know if it were Roon Ready at this late point of development, hence my questions…

But if you don’t know then I’ll ask Merging