Meridian ID41 Zone disappeared [resolved]

Hello.

I have updated to 1.3 after which my Meridian ID41 zone (818v3) disappeared.

I have tried restarting everything - core on my NUC i7, Ethernet switch, Meridian Products, remote controllers.

Thanks for your help.

Can you see the ID41 via a network scanner?

Russ

Hi Russ.
Yes it is visible in the network scanner.

I have an 818v3 with an ID41 and run Roon 1.3 and can confirm it works, have you tried resetting the ID41 card? With the 818 in standby hold down the repeat button on the front panel behind the flap.

Russ

Russ,

Sorry but I could not locate the repeat button under the flap. Even had a look at the manual.

Not sure if it helps, but I can play music on MacBook having switched on the system output as an audio zone.

And just FYI, I am running Roon Server headless on Windows 10.

Sorry repeat is for the 808, can you try the left arrow button behind the flap, make sure you are in standby and hold the button until you see reset, this works on the 861 and I am fairly sure the 818 to, you won’t cause any problems by doing it.

Russ

hi Russ,

I have tried holding down both the left arrow (brings up the Headphone mode option on the display) and the double left arrow as well as right arrow and double arrow.

I have also tried holding down the repeat button on the remote.

I struggle to get a confirmation that the ID41 was re-set.

By the way, I don’t have any Soooloos Core in my system, so may it be related to the ID41 software being not the latest one.

Still no chance to update the ID41 firmware without a Sooloos Core?

@Dmitry yes you can update all Meridian endpoints WITHOUT a core, just download the Sooloos Configuration program check for updates when you run it and it will update all the endpoints, it does this forcefully so you will not get any prompts to ask if you wish to proceed.

Russ

Thanks Russ.
Do you happen to have a link for that, as the links to Meridian web-site that google is finding no longer work (https://www.meridian-audio.com/sooloos/downloads/MeridianSooloosConfigure/MeridianSooloosConfigure_Installer.exe) after Meridian have re-designed their web-site.

That is the only link that I have I guess that Meridian are doing site maintenance, try later today.

Russ

Can you post a screen shot of your audio settings screen ? Let’s be sure that the ID41 zone is enabled. Just rule that out.

Hi Nick. Absolutely.
It is worth noting that all previous updates ran super smoothly for me (have been using my new system for 11 months). Perhaps, as I suggested might be related to the fact that my 818v3 is operating without a Sooloos core, so has not been updated for those 11 months. And currently meridian web-site doesn’t have a working link for Sooloos Configuration app for I could update my ID41 firmware. But that was just a guess of course as the system was running smoothly before the update.

Ok…have you totally powered down the 818.3 ? (Rocker switch at the back)

I would do that and double check that the network cable is fully inserted.

You don’t need to update the ID41 firmware for any reason related to the Roon upgrade. Leave that alone while we figure out what is what here. Don’t introduce an unnecessary change.

1 Like

Hi Nick.

Yes that is exactly what I started with - turn all the equipment off completely including the socket power switches, checking the Ethernet cables connected properly, then restarting the network (switches and router), then starting the Roon core and the Meridian products.
As you can see the ID41 is on the network.

Ok. So that includes rebooting the i7 ? So it’s a puzzle.

I have i7 NUC here running through a bunch of switches and into my ID41.

Can you confirm there is no other Roon running that might Ben accidentally be using the ID41
E.g. Another client that has updated and become a core (accidentally)?

Am scratching for ideas here.

Nick,

It included two re-boots of the i7 running Core. Uninstall and re-install of the RoonServer software.

That’s why I would be looking to try updating ID41 firmware.

Please let me know when you have got more ideas.

Thanks.

Thanks Nick. Only one core - NUC i7, running Roon Server. Others are only remotes (iPads, iPhones, MacBook)

Just tried doing a clean re-install of Roon (with the removal of the Roon folder in documents), did not help.

Hi Dmitry
Below are two links to the Meridian Installer…as well as the Endpoint Firmware

This is Windows only…so you run the installer and then choose the Firmware for the ID41 and that should update the firmware on the ID41

Not sure if that is your issue though…Reset of the ID41 should be achieved by holding down the Left Arrow [at 9 o’clock] button under the 818 flap, which result in a “ID4x reset” display message on the 8181 screen…but the ID41 doesn’t appear to be responding??

Anyway, worth trying the above links to update the firmware

Thanks Ronnie! Appreciate your effort.

You seem to be right. I run the same firmware, so the issue might be the ID41.

I am not able to re-set it: when I press the left arrow at 9 o’clock under the flat in standby the Headphone Mode menu pops out on the screen of my 818v3.

Any idea why this is happening?