Merry Christmas - Anything Hifi planned for next year?

Merry Christmas!

Anyone plan any big purchases in 2018? I have my eyes on an Auralic Aries G2.

Thanks

Paul

1 Like

I blew the budget already upgrading my vivid audio giya G1’s to the G1 spirits but have bought a Trinnov st2 room correction device which got here 3 days ago and have yet to set it up…apart from which I am completing 12 tube traps and may upgrade my Devialet d premiers to a 1000pro system in 2018

2 Likes

Hi @Paul_Whittaker,
I’m going to audition the Vega G2 & Aries G2 in my own four walls next weekend. Can’t wait to hear what they sound like…:grinning:

Just ordered a 5.1 home cinema system and a TV set. Will be installed later this week. :slight_smile:

• NAD T 777 v3 (not yet available, but in the meantime I get a NAD T 758 v3 on loan) with full Dirac Live upgrade
  • Dali Rubicon LCR x2
  • Dali Fazon LCR (center, for the rear speakers I have 2 Dali Fazon SATs)
  • SVS SB-4000 (will be delivered later)
  • Supra Rondo HQ speaker cable
  • LG OLED 55C7V
  • Vogel’s NEXT 7355 Motion Mount motorised mount
  • Bluesound Pulse Soundbar (for the kitchen)

I’m also thinking about a pair of MrSpeakers Ether C Flow headphones.

1 Like

I am awaiting a SOTM SMS-200 ultra and a couple of their power supplies. I may also upgrade my Sonic transporter i5 to the i7. I am testing Roon on three different core computers to see how they sound. (Mac, NUC, ST i5).

The music keeps getting better and it is so much fun!

—rjf

I am more than jealous. Please post your findings, would love to know what you think.

Thanks

Paul

@Paul_Whittaker

Yup, promised! Will let you know what I think ASAP.

1 Like

I’m sure I have seen this explained on a German Youtube channel. It was highly regarded.

I am currently running a microrendu and thought I would try the SoTM device next. It is hard to decide as there is no place to actually listen to this gear! There is just too much of this stuff out there for the local stores to keep around.

—rjf

No big purchases planned but my home will move away from Sonos and towards Pi & IQAudio end points over the next week. Storage is also moving from NAS to USB drives. The kitchen hifi will be a NAD 368 with Blu-OS module from next week. If it isn’t Roon-Ready it doesn’t get in the house now…

1 Like

2017 was the year of following the Roon guidelines (placing the core outside the listening rooms). So bought a NUC, Allo endpoints (Digione and USBridge) and a Wyred4Sound 2v2 DAC for the living room.
For listening room number 2 there is a Brooklyn DAC+ underway. Next, in 2018, is to upgrade the amp’s and then try some roomcorrection. There is also a new headphone (Sennheiser HD650) on order.

2 Likes

Why USB drives over a NAS? Isnt that going backwards?

Sent you a PM…

Possibly a LUMIN D2 or Auralic Altair all in one unit and looking to move Roon Core away from my MacBook Pro.

1 Like

I’m planning on winning the lottery and then moving to a McIntosh C1100 preamp.

Back down to reality, I’ll probably upgrade my Mirus Pro to the Signature version and that’s about it.

1 Like

I did have a look at Lumin products but decided I prefer Auralic, though a listening test will be done with both before purchase of course.

Where will you run Roon core? Im sure those players wont run it.

1 Like

Hoping to replace my Audiolab MDAC with one of these when they come out in January…

https://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/adi_2-dac.php

Looks super cool. I’m a fan of the screen.

In terms of moving the Core, I’m considering building a Roon rock NUC or going for the Sonic transporter I5. Currently using a Chord 2Qute and SotM SMS 200 and wonder if there are any benefits in SQ going to an all in one, but yes will definitely demo beforehand.
Which Auralic and LUMIN did you compare?

I haven’t compared any as of yet as the Aries G2 isn’t available yet but will be comparing products with the same functionality around the £4k mark.

I debated setting up an Intel Nuc but went with a laptop in the end for the Core and controller.

1 Like