Mesh Wifi recommendations

Agree about the eero Pro 6. Great coverage and wifi speed.

1 Like

Another vote for AmpliFi Alien

Had endless firmware issues with Orbi but Alien mesh units have been solid and never skipped a beat with Room nuc

1 Like

I got a pair of ASUS routers that form a mesh and have an Ethernet backhaul running between my main house and the office in the detached garage. Highly recommended.

1 Like

BEAUTIFUL!! [The rest of these words were required to make the first word more descriptive.]

1 Like

Thanks!

I think that was late winter/early spring. Looks even better when the Japanese Maple, Crape Mettleā€™s and all the others are raging with color in full bloom. Itā€™s been many years in the making. Each year or two another ā€œprojectā€.

Ubiquiti Unifi is what I use, very pleased, My son set up for me so i donā€™t really know that much about it. Always 6 bars in the house out side and in detached garage, 5 units only two wired.

2 Likes

Using Orbi WiFi6 AX6000ā€¦working very well

2 Likes

Not seen that is that for Unifi or their other products?

@Robert_England I have the Google mesh wifi system and it works spectacularly. Perhaps I should move to a single Google Nest device as a hub. I want to keep the original Google mesh units as nodes as they have an Ethernet jack out, which I need to feed my Roon system on one floor and a TV on another floor. The newer Google Nest units do not have the Ethernet jack. I do realize that I would have to start a new network but donā€™t know whether that is a painā€¦

3 Likes

From a small country in Western-Europe (Holland).
I use Ubiquity Amplify. This is quite professional. Not the cheapest, but ā€¦
Works (two units only) very well in my home which has no concrete wall or floor/ceiling elements.
Modern houses might require one or two more slave units.
They also make a Gigabit version, but that is extra pricey.

@Flashman Actually it is a bit of a pain, especially if other devices on your network know the old SSID - you have to edit the info on those devices. My solar panels were the first to go offlineā€¦
Anyway Nest has higher rates than Mesh and good stability. Make sure the first hub is your new Nest device. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I probably wonā€™t add the Google Nest hub, as I have several devices connected to my current network that are quite finicky and I donā€™t want to mess up whatā€™s really working well at this point!

I can only speak to UniFi.

Iā€™ll check it out what section is it in?

2 Likes

Thank, so itā€™s not released yet no wonder I canā€™t see it. I only stick with full releases got burned a few times on beta and release candidates.

Ahhā€¦I totally spaced the GA release.

Netgear Orbi. Period.

2 Likes

I have an Amplifi Alien Mesh network. A bit pricey but easy to set up and has been very reliable. Iā€™ve had it almost 2 years and it has been rock solid. I chose it mainly because itā€™s made by Ubiquiti Labs which makes great network equipment for the enterprise and Iā€™ve had good experience with them at work.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been with eero with four homes. One being ~12,000 sq ft. Awesome now with even more power in the pro version. Iā€™m running Roon everywhere along with 6 tvs that all stream no cable boxes, video surveillance on home perimeter hardwired but all being handled.

Great customer support if you need it. And backward compatible.

1 Like