Metadata error message on Nucleus

I’ve had the same problem since updating to Roon Ver. 1.7 (Build 528) on a Nucleus+. The hardware is functioning properly and the software on all devices is up to date, but thus far I haven’t come across any solutions on this site.

Meanwhile the little circle spins continuously and the system refuses to add albums from Qubuz or Tidal…

There is a (clunky) workaround for my system that saves albums from Qubuz and Tidal in twelve (equally clunky) steps. I’m using this workaround until such time as Roon, Qubuz and Tidal sort this issue out, which I assume they’re working hard to do. The steps are:

1. Select the album you want to add to your library and then (quite logically) select “Add to Library”.

2. Wait patiently for the now unavoidable and quite annoying “Adding this album is taking longer, etc.” message to appear at the bottom of the screen.

3. Once the annoying message appears, select “Add to Library” again.
    Note: This second nonintuitive selection of “Add to Library” is important; nothing useful happens on my system without this redundant selection.

4. The screen that comes up will have the name of the album, the artist, etc., but no cover art.

5. Select the three vertical dots button to the right which brings up the “Album Editor” screen.

6. Scroll down and select “Edit” on the screen once it comes up.

7. Select the highlighted “Identify Album” button on the resulting screen.

8. Be patient; eventually one or more album choices will appear on the screen. The album you’re trying to add to the library is almost always on top.

9. Select the correct image for your album and the “Let’s make sure everything is in order” page will come up.

10. If the metadata on that page meets with your approval, which it usually does for me, select SAVE in the bottom right corner.

11. You’ll be sent back to the screen you were at in #4, above. Be exceptionally patient as sometimes it takes a minute or so for the album cover to appear on this screen, regardless of the speed of your connection.

12. Once the correct album cover appears, the album is in your library and you’re done.

This is definitely not as straightforward as just clicking the “Add to Library” button, but it works as a temporary patch on my Nucleus+ setup. It may or may not work with other Roon cores.

Hello @Tom_Hyde, thanks for the information. From your post I’ve identified two issues:

1. Metadata Improver message
  2. Issues adding albums from TIDAL and Qobuz

So I can assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

We have also recently released an update for Roon (Build 536). I’d update and reboot the core which would help us rule out and issues that might have been related to 528

Build 537, which came out a couple of days ago, fixed the problem completely. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.