Metadata Improver error message with SonicTransporter

Same problem for me !
All my Roon elements are with the latest versions (the core , the player, the remote , iPad, iPhone, computer, everything is good :wink: )
But I still have this metadata/update message … :frowning:
I’ve tried also rebooting.
I didn’t try to deconnect/reconnect my Qobuz account, should I ? I don’t see why the problem would come from Qobuz since this message ask for a Roon update, whichis impossible because I’m already with the latest version.
And sometimes I don’t have the rolling symbol but the red triangle symbol.
I also have a message problem in settings/account Roon information …
My set up :
SonicTransporter i5 as Roon core
Metrum Ambre as player
iPad mini 5 ou iPhone X or MacBook Pro as remotes

Any clue ?

Add images

Hi @KDZ,

If you stop RoonServer from the SonicTransporter’s options and then restart it is there any change?

Hi Dylan !
Thanks for this idea. Well I think I did it, but restart/reboot/etc , I’m not sure now :grimacing::wink:
So I did again everything I could on my Sonictransporter : reinstall 1.7 , restart, reboot, shut down, turn on ! And guess what ? No more problem :+1::sweat_smile:
Best,

Hi @KDZ,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

Thanks Dylan,
I love roon, thanks for all your work ! :+1:
(Portait mode for all iPads and it will be perfect ! :stuck_out_tongue::smirk:)
I hope everything is ok for all your teams during this difficult moment.
Best,

Kevin
From Paris, France

Well, the blue circle is gone but now I’ve got the red triangle and the message metadata improve / update needed is back :frowning:

I had this problem. The Roon chaps analysed my logs and said something was getting in the way of my core (NUC / Rock) communicating back to the mother ship. Turned out to be the VOIP box that my mobile used to give me a service in a weak signal area. Got rid of that, no problems since (I too did the reboot / reinstall routine only for the problem to resurface later). Oh and my mobile has worked perfectly since, before it was erratic.

Hi Phil,
I’m not sure to understand (English is not my main language) , From what did you get rid of ?

A box connected to my main router that was nothing to do with the audio system.

In the UK if you have a weak mobile signal where you live some companies provide you with a box that ‘boosts’ the signal - in practise it works by sending mobile calls over the Internet. When I disconnected it Roon went back to working perfectly.

The point being it was something external to the Roon infrastructure that caused the problems. It might be worth getting the Roon chaps to analyse your logs to see what they discover. I wouldn’t have sorted my situation without it being done.

Thanks, understood;)

Hi @KDZ,

Phil is right that, generally, we’ve found that this issue is typically stemming from something interfering with the connection. Can you try rebooting the system once more, and the next time you see the error message make a note of the time you see it? We’ll then enable diagnostics on your account and take a closer look.

Thanks Dylan,
I’ll do it and let you know.

It happens again right now !

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @KDZ,

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Ok thanks, I’m,playing music right now :wink:

I wonder if the problem is not between Roon and Qobuz servers ?

Hi @KDZ,

No, this issue is stemming from the Core machine having trouble reaching Roon servers (not specifically related to Qobuz or TIDAL).

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
I’m sending you by message the link with my logs, let me know.
best,