Metadata Improver Error: Nucleus

Same problem as well. Running ROON off Nucleus+. I notice the problem seems to occur when I add a Tidal album to the Library.

Hi @WS_Lam,

Welcome to the forum! So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core and Networking Gear?

1 Like

Hi sorry I realized I used the wrong account to post previously.
Anyway, I am running ROON Server off a Nucleus+. Everything is wired via gigabit ethernet. I have quite a few endpoints, but usually only one or two active at the same time at most. This system has been running for years, with no changes in the networking hardware at all. Dont know why this error started showing up. Every 10 reboots or so, the error will go away, but then ROON usually becomes unresponsive after a few days… then I would reboot again, and the error would return.

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata Improver Error: iMac

Yes it’s been happening since Roon 1.7 (528). Also looking forward to a fix soon!

I fixed it by reinstalling operating system from the Web UI on my ROCK server which is essentially the same as Nucleus. You won’t loose anything as it’s designed to be able to install it update and not affect your library etc. But to be safe make sure you backup your library. Took a few minutes and it was sorted.

Thank you for your suggestion! I gave it a try:

1. Reinstall OS.
  2. Error remains.
  3. Reboot Nucleus+
  4. Error ermains.
  5. Restart Server (via Web UI)
  6. Error is GONE!

I am hoping I can go without rebooting it for as long as possible and keep the error clear. But if it is like how it behaved last time, it will become unresponsive in a few days time.

The other thing I did was stop the server and delete the cache folder before reinstalling by navigating to the storage and deleting it’s contents. It may have been the combination of both that did or maybe the cache deletion.

Hi @WSL,

Glad to hear that the behavior has subsided since restarting RoonServer via the WebUI, do let me know if it returns. Also, we just released a new build of Roon today, so if you haven’t updated yet, please do so. Thanks!

Thanks Noris. Just updated to the latest build 536. So far so good. Thanks.

1 Like

The Metadata Improver Error is back! =(
Running v1.7 Build 537 on a Nucleus +

Hi @WSL,

Can you please use these instructions to access your Nucleus Core logs and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive / WeTransfer?

Just zipped them up. Where can I email the link?

1 Like

Hi @WSL,

I’ve followed up via private message.

Sent. thanks

1 Like

Thanks @WSL, I can confirm receiving them properly on our end. I am going to request the technical team to review them and once I have further feedback, I’ll be sure to let you know, thanks!

Hi @WSL,

One other thing which may help us troubleshoot this issue would be to have a clear understanding of your network setup. When you have a chance, can you please let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear and how the Nucleus is connected to the network (direct to router or through a switch)? If you can please let me know this, I will add it to your ticket notes, thanks!

I am not sure if it has anything to do with it… it’s the same network my Nucleus+ has been on since day one. Nothing has changed. It’s a gigabit LAN consist of 2 Netgear 48 ports switches (yes I have a lot of ports at home). There’s really nothing strange or funky going on.

Hi @WSL,

What is your router model/manufacturer?
Are you by any chance using VOIP, VPN or any sort of other network traffic shaping tools?

My VPN is not system wide. Sometimes I use it on my desktop but that is not related to ROON. Regardless, when i have this error, VPN is not running.
I am using an ASUS Blue Cave Router. no VOIP.
Thanks

1 Like