Metadata Improver

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
TEXT GOES HERE
Nucleus + Version 1.7 (build 571)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
TEXT GOES HERE
Router to Switch hard wired to Nucleus
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
TEXT GOES HERE
Any
Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE
Every time I start Roon I get:

If I restart the core it goes away,

Are you also running build 571 on all your Roon Remotes?

Yes & I daily authorize my Mac at work & de authorize the Nucelus. I am not using a remote with the work installation I also see the improver message when I launch Roon at work.

Ah, so in fact you have two Cores, which you use in turn. Perhaps you should give full details of the two Roon setups (with network information) to help the Roon Support team in their diagnosis of what’s going on in your particular case?

1 Like

Hello @huang, and thanks for your report! Are you able to reproduce this error consistently on either core?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please see additions above

Hello @huang, and thanks for the details! I’d like to get specific reproduction steps to our team from a user that can consistently reproduce this message. The majority of users experiencing this so far have been resolved by a reboot or have been traced to a networking issue.

If you’re able to provide reproduction steps please let me know as that would be helpful for our QA team. How often are you seeing this error recur?

I see the error every time I add new music, which I’ve been doing a lot since I am ripping my record collection.

Essentially I add a file to either the Nucleus with internal SS 2TB drive, or the 4TB Western Digital USB attached hard drive. I then launch Roon and see the error. This is based on which location I am at. Home = Nucleus, Work= MacBook Pro.

Hello @huang, and thanks for these details! For the macbook, have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus programs to see if this lets you make a better connection? For the home, can you tell me what model switch you’re using?

I forgot to check the switch model. I will check it an get back with you. Question, if it’s the connection why does quitting and restarting Roon alleviate the problem? I know software can do some seemingly illogical things, but just this morning I got the error at work. I quit and restarted Roon the error went away.

Hello @huang, we’re still investigating the issue but based on user experiences, we do know that rebooting is most often the solution. Glad it worked for you too!

Thanks for continuing to investigate. On thing I notice is once it happens and I quit and restart Roon, it does not happen again for roughly that day. Let me be clear I am not rebooting either PC.

My switch is: TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch (TL-SG105)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.