Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-01]

This has become the burning issue, so much music and so little Time

2 Likes

Quite an impressive list.
However out of those I have only actually heard two of them with completely polar opposite feelings.
Opeth…just not for me I am afraid.
Amaranthe…yep right up my street.
That being said I am a sucker for just about any female vocal driven symphonic goth metal type bands!
Quite like this bunch, not so heavy on the metal quotient but excellent vocals and a nice clean sound.

1 Like

Yes, Ad Infinitum are very good. Pity about Opeth - so much to enjoy :sunglasses:.

What Opeth album would you truly recommend to get one “hooked” if you will?

There are two versions of this album on Tidal and Peter posted them last week. I have listened to both this week and I like them equally.

Mike

2 Likes

Yes I have both albums as Qobuz favourites, both excellent.

1 Like

Just added that to my Qobuz list, hope to get to it later tonight!

:grimacing:

With all the propositions here, that‘s sometimes a little bit difficult!

My favourite, and IMHO their best album, is definitely Still Life, so I would suggest starting there. Watershed is also very good - the last of their metal albums, before they became a prog rock band. You might also try the Lamentations Live album - half is mostly from Damnation (no growling) and the other half is heavier.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree with @Rockhound, Still life is very good album to start, older are little harder for those new to Opeth. Then after that it is easy to go according to release date to Watershed. After that one they changed a lot, not that new ones are bad but they are not that classic Opeth.

1 Like

I remember getting this cd in high school when it was first released in 1990. The rip I have in roon is actually from that disc! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This one of the few albums I have that I actually like every song on the album.

There also Metallica kill’em all. The copy I have is strange as it has 12 tracks. ???

3 Likes

Opeth been on my list for a few weeks, but not yet given them a spin so I just added a couple of those

I just added 7 Opeth albums from old to new to see what I think…when I get time!

1 Like

Ha ha Kevin those last few words give you a lot of leaway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Most odd!
My copy has ten and both Qobuz versions I see have ten.

1 Like

Same here, ripped from original cd that was bought early 90s! Very good album that still gets playing time after all these years. Maybe favourite track is Belly Of The Beast, had to watch that music video when I saw your post.

Couple years ago, they were opening for Slayer and that was excellent 60 minutes live show.

They are between erarly/mid age Death and Pestilence :metal:
For those who like.
From Russia with love :wink:

2 Likes

Last order:

1 Like