Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-05]

Some rather good female vocal prog metal…a Roon pick.
Most impressive……

4 Likes

Yes, very good - have several of their albums.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Sounds great!
With Øyvind Hægeland (Spiral Architect V), Asgeir Mickelson (Spiral Architect D) and Steve Di Giorgio.

Who were Spiral Architect? These guys:

2 Likes

Not sure if these guys have been mentioned before.
Just good melodic power metal…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Thank you. Very good.

1 Like

Couple Metal Church albums will be listened today, starting with this

4 Likes

Not a band I know, but just gave that a spin and I enjoyed it.
Sad news in a world of seemingly endless sad news

1 Like

5 Likes

It’s been an early Slipknot day for me today.

Thanks for the music, Joey.

1 Like

Just read this news in the paper… to me, Joey was one if the best drummers in the world. Phenomenal talent!

@ds_2 I did not even know about his passing and see article you shared is dated the 26th. Still have their first albums on tape since I was a kid.

RIP lads and thanks for the music.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to see Joey play with Slipknot, Murderdolls, and his short stints as cover with both Korn and Metallica - just so, so good.

1 Like

Never managed to see them and I consider Slipknot one of the bands you need to see perform live. Just like Rammstein.

Even with the new guys, they’re really solid - last I saw them was about a week after Bowie died and they did quite a nice tribute. Suicidal Tendencies and SikTh were also on the bill that night.

Gents just saw this posted.

Some of these may not be touring for much longer. I will be trying to catch this

1 Like

Thank you very much. I just love this thread. I find so much new good music!

2 Likes

When I went to go see them live there was a city wide power outage during the second bands act (Marilyn Manson) and they had to cancel the show and didn’t reschedule. People went nuts, they started ripping up all the fencing, smashing peoples cars, total chaos but I wont forget it!

Glad you enjoyed it :metal:

1 Like

Thanks to either Tidal or Roon these have quickly raced to the top of my Power Metal list of enjoyed albums.

I think these may both be purchased on Bandcamp Friday tomorrow :grin::roll_eyes:

On top of that you got to love the covers

4 Likes