Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-08]

Thank you for this as Almah is completely new for me, looks like it it is Angra’s vocalist band. I have not listen much power metal this year besides old Helloween and Bloodbound’s very good 2021 album. But will give this couple listens!

2 Likes

Yes, it has lots of symphonic parts. Thyrfing could be little harder but it combines well pagan/death/folk/black metal, viking metal tag comes from lyrics as they are based on Norse mythology (check out Vikings from netflix :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Thanks I have watched Vikings and have enjoyed it, though I still have one season to go

I will give the album another listen as I didn’t find it that harsh first time, though I was on a call

1 Like

Might be one for you to try @carsten_ibsen if you haven’t tried them before

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind post, I am very familiar with their work, I have all their Albums in 16/44 ALAC & FLAC, they are very good.
How about something more traditional like Iron Maiden Nights Of The Dead Live In Mexico City 2020?

1 Like

Well I’m currently listening to the new Deafhaven album again, though it’s less Metal like than expected, though musically very good. I think that will be a Bandcamp purchase.

Though I Love me a bit of Iron Maiden, though mostly up until the late 80s. Occasionally some magic after that, but far less consistent.

1 Like

Well all this Maiden talk had me reaching for still one of my favorite Maiden albums.
Even though it does not feature Bruce or McBrainless it still gets me every play.
Murders in the Rue Morgue is the standout for myself.

So I give you…

4 Likes

So I went back to an older Deafhaven album and this is much more black metal without the shoegaze thrown in.
Very different to the new album

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/id4BHfQ.png

This is a top-tier recommendation – I’ve been hammering it over the last few days. Scuzzy brilliance.

2 Likes

Very glad you like it! It was one of those albums I waited to be released because their last one Heaven That Dwells Within was one of my most played 2019 released albums. For me new one is very good but I like previous more, so big recommendation for you to also try that and let us know which you like more!

2 Likes

Everyone here knows Nightwish’s Tuomas Holopainen but it is probably new that he is in black metal band called Darkwoods My Betrothed, a band that has not released anything for a long time. But here is new single…

2 Likes

Went to buy the latest (2019) Wilderun album on Bandcamp this morning and it is there but not available for purchase anymore. Any idea why @ds_2 as I thought I saw it available before

Still this is a good album and added it to purchased library

1 Like

We are in September now :sunglasses:
So go here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/what-we-are-listening-to-2021-09

Edit: wrong thread, thanks @Michael_Harris

1 Like

Wim I gave you a :heartpulse: for that for posting a link to Moby into the Metal thread.
I know the threads look so similar now, as Simon keeps posting here :rofl:

1 Like

Oeps, maybe if you play the album at 78 rpm :wink:

2 Likes

That is strange because that digital album is available for me (just checked it). Maybe it is now also available for you?

If not, this is little alarming because I had same experience with Atheist albums, they were available but not anymore.

That’s my thought exactly.
It’s in my Amazon basket as a CD mow.

I checked again this afternoon and it says it has been removed from the site and points you to a couple of other sites to buy it from

1 Like

My mistake, I checked their older album (the one you shared in earlier post). That is available but 2019 album is not and if I remember correctly it has not been for some time. I think it is rights issue and digital album is maybe only in Amazon currently. Probably also that version which have Iron Maiden Seventh son cover added.

1 Like

I will check it out on Amazon tomorrow on CD.
Thanks for checking

probably because they signed with the Century Media label and gave up the exclusive for the sale of the album

2 Likes