Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-08]

We agree! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if this has been posted before.
But to my mind a nice bit of progressive power metal.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Iron Maiden are sounding particularly good today.

“Aaaaaalexander the Great…”

I’ve avoided the new songs so I can listen blind (deaf, surely?) when Senjutsu drops.

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637656090467225893

3 Likes

I have a couple of their live albums, and they are excellent.
Not heard this one though so I will give it a go

Hi, @Michael_Harris, do that, though it is in their early days, you will not be disappointed, I promise you, they are indeed excellent as you say.

Carsten I already added it to my library and looking forward to listening.

I have Black Symphony and An Accoustic night at the theatre and both are excellent live albums.

The wife likes them as well, which makes a change

Many new metal album released today, here are some. They were just released so only had time to check couple tracks from each.

Hooded Menace - The Tritonus Bell (death/doom)
Ex Deo - The Thirteen Years Of Nero (Symphonic death metal)

White Stones - Dancing Into Oblivion (progressive death metal, Opeth bass player’s other band)
Wormwitch - Wolf Hex (black metal with some punk/hardcore)
Thyrfing - Vanagandr (Viking metal)

3 Likes

Thanks Jukka added a couple to my Bandcamp wish list there and will add a couple to Tidal to check out tomorrow as well

1 Like

If I remember correctly Hooded Menace album was something you were waiting for.

Yes I rather liked their previous album OSH so I will check that out tomorrow.
I’m too poor for a bandcamp splurge tomorrow, so it will have to wait until next week :grin:

1 Like

This is my introduction to this band. Never heard before and I like. Entire PORTALS album is available to purchase on Prostudiomasters now (which I did) but not avail on Tidal to stream yet. Oh well.

3 Likes

Odd, I’m playing it on Tidal in Roon right now.

Hmm…I went back to double check. Just lists 7 albums which does not include today’s release. Perhaps a regional thing.

[UPDATE] I see it on Tidal now. I can carry on with my morning.

Checked that it is also available in Qobuz, could be some regional thing in Tidal.

Check again this morning as it is showing on Roon and Tidal for me and just added it to my library (in the UK).

Roon seems to have gotten all the releases today straight away, without me having to take a trip to the Tidal app

Best Live Rap-Metal Album on the planet?RoonShareImage-637656960435494477

2 Likes

Thanks @ds_2 liking this one as well.
I need to listen to the Thyrfing album again as I was on a video call and that also sounded pretty good, so not a bad day for dark and heavy music.

The new Enemy Inside album also very good, but in a very different style to these three albums.

2 Likes

Dont believe I have seen this posted. If listening through Qobuz, it may not display album art. I bought the album from them and there was no embedded album art. Cant speak to Tidal.

4 Likes