Microsoft Surface Dial Integration PLEASE!

I am not a techie either …
For me the “fuss and bother” was limited to 15 minutes (mostly waiting for some process to finish) and then having an invisible, elegant system that even my girlfriend wants to use.
If you managed to get Roon running, then you have mastered a far more difficult technical challenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW: I find myself sounding like a sales rep for this system, but I am not connected in any way - just enthusiastic that something like this exists at last.

1 Like

Kal you are right, a native integration into roon out of the box would be best!
But we see different operating systems (Win, linux, roon OS) making integration not easyer. And what if the core is in the cellar for what reason ever (background noise), maybe too far away for a stable bluetooth connection?
All these challanges are solved by a cheap Pi that can be installed invisible in your listening room. In my eyes not the worst scenario.

2 Likes

Hey Kal, you probably have the most pull of anyone on this forum and of most people in the audio community, why can’t you just call up the Roon guys and have them build this functionality into Roon itself. A Nucleus is just a NUC and already has Bluetooth. Seems to me that Roon can use that and provide first party support for this right into the app.

Cmon man, instead of complaining here, use your influence and sway and make this happen dude!

2 Likes

I am afraid you have a unreasonably enhanced view of my leverage. What drives the Roon guys (as it should) is the opinion of subscribers and potential subscribers. :sunglasses:

I like to inform you about my latest effort regarding wireless volume knob with a SpaceMouse Wireless. Best in Town.

roo6D - The wireless high-end physical volume knob for Roon - Audio Products - Roon Labs Community

1 Like

Please send me the link with option to pay for lifetime license of rooDial /Microsoft Dial/

1 Like

Try this thread which includes licensing information…
RooDial

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: rooDial a Wireless Volume Knob for Roon with Microsoft Surface Dial