Missing Album/Artist artwork after replacement of OS disk in Ambre

I just noticed that a lot of the Artist/Album artwork in the Roon Interface on my MacBook Pro have gone missing, and I am wondering how to get them restored.

The latest thing I did was replace the corrupt OS sd Card in my Metrum Acoustics Ambre Roon Endpoint. The Ambre is back up running in Roon alright, but the missing artwork issue is not restricted to the Ambre’s endzone.

If the artwork is backed up somewhere on my computer or network, how do I get the data restored in the Roon Interface?

All the albums and Artists in my files are there. It is just the artwork and pictures that have mysteriously disappeared from most (not all) of them. And I notice that it is only the Roon interface on my Mackbook Pro that is exhibiting this problem. I have opened Roon on my i-phone, and all the artwork is there,

How do I restore the pictures and artwork data to the Roon interface on my Macbook Pro,? Thanks for your assistance,

Can you please fill out the post template with full details of your setup?

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Core Machine : Mac Mini

Modem : Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Router : ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)

Main chain for Headpone Rig 1 :Assus router==>>Metrum Acoustics Ambre (i2S) ==>> Sonnet Morpheus==Niimbus US4

The Ambre also connects to two other rigs :

(Via AES/EBU) Ambre ==>> Schiit Yggdrasil ==>> Pathos InPol Ea
(Via Coaxial) Ambre ==>> Schiit Bifrost 2/64 ==>> Singxer SA-1

The above connections are all wired, but the following computers and devices which are all on the same network can connect to Roon as well via wifi :

2 Macbook Pros (including the one one on which I have noticed the problem I am reporting below0.

1 Dell Laptop PC

2 Ipad pros and 1 ipad mini

1 iphone 13

Number of Tracks in Libraries :

Tidal Library : 84900
Qobuz Library : 17935
Local (NAS) Library: 5811

Total : 108,646

Description of issue : I just noticed on the main Macbook Pro laptop from which I access and control Roon that a lot of the artwork/photos on albums and Artist profiles in the Roon Interface have inexplicably disappeared although I still have access to all the Albums and track and related information. The only change I have made recently (Jan. 2nd, 2023) is replace a corrupted microsd card imprinted with the image of the Ropieee OS for the Metrum Ambre, although I do not see how that might be connected with the issue of the missing photos and artwork, given that the Ambre represents only one “Roonready” end-zone among several possible others in ny Roon Interface as shown in the “Audio” profile page below :

The screenshot does not show the handheld devices in the house from which I can occasionally access Roon such as my iphone or Ipad pros.

I also note that the issue of missing Artist/Album photos and artwork is not evident on the roon interface on my iphone at present. I have not checked other access points besides the Roon Interfaces on my daily driver Macbook Pro and my iphone.

To give you a couple of examples or the problem of missing photos and artwork, I am attaching two screenshots below from my Keith Jarrett pages within the Roon interface on my Macbook Pro :

Any help toward restoring the missing Album/Artist photos and artwork from my MBP would be appreciated. Thanks.

Add images

I’d try if deleting the image cache helps, it often does with this sort of issue, like here

Thanks, I could try that out. Do you know where I can find and delete the image cache in Roon>

Not home right now to check but I believe it’s in Roon > Settings > Setup > Clear Cache.

Quit and restart the Roon app after that

I have found where the “clear cache” command is, executed it, and that has brought the looks back to normal. The same Keith Jarrett page I referenced earlier now looks like this :

Thanks a lot for your assistance,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.