Missing Album Tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro/1.6 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon server connected to Dlink switch. Roon bridge also hardwired to switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon bridge running on Windows 10 laptop connected via USB

Description Of Issue

Hi, this is my first post here. I recently installed Roon after pouring through these forums for weeks trying to get everything straight. I’ve had a few issues with setup but nothing that hasn’t been mentioned before and thus have been able to work through until now. I’ve setup a sample library to test Roon with. I’ve noticed that one album in particular is only showing 2/10 tracks in the library (they are in .dsf format). I have confirmed that all tracks are indeed playable using other software. I’ve checked Library > Settings > skipped files and do not see them listed. If I add the album in FLAC format all songs magically show up. I found a similar post from sometime ago Missing tracks on albums where it appears issue was fixed with a software update. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks.

Hi @Alejandro_M,

Welcome to the community!

Can I please ask you to send me the affected DSF album via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com as a private message to me?

You can send me a private message by clicking on my name in this thread and pressing the “Message” button that comes up.

Just sent, thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Alejandro_M,

I am able to successfully import and play the album without issue on my Core (Windows 10 also):

We should next take a look to see if there is anything strange regarding your storage location, where are these files being saved? Is the behavior the same if you place them on a USB drive and have Roon watch that folder instead? Have you tried rebooting your Core machine yet?

I tried rebooting my computer but no change. Oddly enough putting the file on a USB drive and adding that folder worked. I then copied folder onto C drive (D is where all music lies) and all songs were again recognized. Obviously this strongly points to my D drive and not with Roon. Thank you for your help!

Hi @Alejandro_M,

Thanks for the update here and glad to hear that these files show up properly when stored in another location. I am not sure what exactly regarding your D drive is causing the files not to show up but you might want to run a disk check on the drive to ensure that there are no integrity issues with it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.