Missing thousands tracks anda cover artículo in music files

Please is There a possibility yo re arrangeor fix my library around 1 tb .with programa such Jriver24 or amarra The importing task is well done .but Roon does’NT recognize all my albums The way others software do.sny software may I use yo di ir without spend antes year fixing manually tags etc.any hello hello or reccommendation is welcome.I m New with Roon .I like Roon It sounds great and is very Stable .the problema un muy case is with The library indexing data importing frontera my external USB storage hdd

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @wilfredo_sanchez!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

• About how many tracks do you have in your storage location, and how many of these are appearing in Roon?
  • Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?
  • Can you pick out an example of an album that’s not showing up in Roon and take a screenshot of the files in your storage location?

Thanks!
Dylan

@dylan

ROON 64 BIT
WINDOWS 10 PRO
COMPUTER USED FOR CORE IS
MOTHER MSI H 370 GAMING PRO CARBON
PROCESSOR INTEL CORE I7 8700 8TH GEN. COFEE LAKE 1151
DDR4 BALLISTIC 16 GB RAM
POWER SUPPLY EVGVA 650 Gq
music stored in usb 3.0 WD my Passport with 2tb storage connected directly to core computer.
Roon 20577 tracks
Jriver24 25231 tracks
Computer is connected to internet via wired Ethernet .
The core computer is operated occasionally with tweam viewer from another pc .
for remote control
the environment is a windows 10 pro , Audiophile optimizer 2,20 with Roon set as Shell
Fidelizaer pro 8,2
Process lasso 64 bit
I cant identify wich kind of files Roon is not importing at the time.
The music files are from different sources , some cds are ripped using Jriver 24 , ohers ripped using EAC , and others are files obtained from internet like hd tracks or some friends .
Regarding to tidal there are many albums unreacheable like for example : BOZ SCAGGS album : SPEAK LOW

Thank you for the information, @wilfredo_sanchez!

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon.

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Can you elaborate on the above for me? Is this album in your TIDAL library already? How are you searching for this album in Roon? Are you able to play it fine in TIDAL?

Thanks!
Dylan

i have this album on tidal and plays perfect
when using roons tidal interface the album appears but as UNavailable (to Play) only the cover art and list of songs . so i deided to purchase the album.

After reading your post I just added Speak Low from Tidal to my Roon library.Plays immediately…no problems.

no my case . still showing unavailable and duplicate because i have the ripped cd also. any help?

In my limited understanding of Tidal, it may have something to do with which country you are in for certain availabilities.
I am based in the U.S.A.

Hey @wilfredo_sanchez,

Just to confirm, you’re not able to play the ripped version you imported either? When you search for this album what do you see? Can you share a screenshot?

Thanks!
Dylan

i am able to play the ripped version of dosc , but not the tidal version who appears as unavailable in roons tidals interface . on tidal direct plays ok. I live in Argentina if that helps.

here is a screenshot of the album , it is duplicated appears jaust because i have the cd ripped version I suppose.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @wilfredo_sanchez.

I’d like to try a couple things here. First, remove the TIDAL album from your library (note — just the TIDAL version, not the local copy). Then, clear your TIDAL cache by following the steps below:

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

Once you’ve done this, re-add the TIDAL album to your library.

Let me know if you see any change here after doing that.

Thanks!
Dylan

i just did this moving cache lf room library and now I see roons tidal interface cant reach that album from Boz Scaggs thatts whats happening, I obtained the same Unavailable duplicate screen . only cover art and songs can be displayed. no music

Thanks for the info, @wilfredo_sanchez.

I’d like to propose a test — If you have another device you can temporarily run Roon on, install Roon and import only your TIDAL library. Are you able to play this TIDAL album here?

Thanks!
Dylan

no. i tryed on 3 different machines running tidal and the same problem