Mola-Mola Tambaqui Ethernet DAC certified?

Hi,
According to specs TAMBAQUI MOLA MOLA ethernet DAC is Roon Ready: https://www.mola-mola.nl/tambaqui.php

However i didn’t found MOLA MOLA on the Roon certified network endpoint partners page:
https://roonlabs.com/partners.html

It is not Roon Ready–we have never seen one.

Thank you @brian
This DAC does not claim to be Roon Ready but only:
“I/0: Ethernet (Roon, DLNA)”
Probably uses Roonbridge on a Linux SBC, right ?
Is this a problem for you ?

Yeah, it is. We don’t license Roon Bridge for redistribution.

1 Like

OK.
Do you think to contact them to settle the question ?
Mola Mola (and Bruno Putzeys) is a serious and upscale brand.
I would like to see them in your partners page.

We are in touch with them already.

You can’t even tell what they mean by “I/0: Ethernet (Roon, DLNA)”;
It could only mean it works over ethernet and you could use Roon with it in some configurations. But, in the diagram here, it seems to imply it is a Roon endpoint: chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.mola-mola.nl/readmore/read-more-tambaqui.PDF .
And yeah, they shouldn’t be writing “Roon” there if it isn’t an authorized use.

I asked the question to them directly regarding Roon support, their answer is below.

The unit is having Roon installed and with your own Roon setup you can stream direct your music to the Tambaqui.

We’re working on having the Tambaqui Roon ready certified.

That doesn’t match what Roon said above.

Well that’s what they said, having listened to the Mola Mola pre and power it is not a brand I am particularly interested in.
ymmv.

What didn’t you like? I’ve only heard good things so far.

I found it quite a sterile sound, individually detail, clarity etc were all there but as a whole it didn’t work for me personally, but the Kii3 speakers designed by the same man have the same affect so maybe that sound just doesn’t suit me, I thought maybe it was Class D amplification but I heard some Dutch Dutch 8c’s and I liked those a lot and they are Class D although not using Ampex amplification afaik?
Good job there is a choice.

1 Like

@brian any update on the Mola Mola Tambaqui certification?

We can’t provide updates about work done at other companies. This product is in our certification process, but not done yet–if you are looking for more specifics, better to ask them so that they can decide how much they would like to share.

1 Like

I believe I’ve read somewhere that Putzeys is generous with feedback in his designs. Maybe that is also the reason why some comments on the Kii Three describe the sound as a little bit on the analytical side.

One man’s “analytical” is another man’s “accurate”; one’s man’s “natural” is another man’s “too warm”.
Plus what you think a system is “supposed” to sound like is highly influenced about what sound you are used to. It’s just different tastes and different ideas about what is right.

Don’t think it has much to do with whether feedback is being used or not. Bruno has said he can voice his amps to sound any way he wants - even like a McIntosh if that’s the sound he was after.

1 Like

I fully agree with you here.

The original Tact Millennium amp did not use feedback. I think there was a reason for that. Naturally feedback behaves differently depending on design. Feedback in analog circuits do different things compared to switching and digital circuits of course.

How does this work for the Metrum Amber then isnt that running Ropieee as it’s os for Roon support?

The Metrum Ambre does not run the Roon Bridge package like publicly-available Ropieee does–it integrates the RAAT SDK directly.

Oh i didnt realize Ropieee had the SDK in it. Learn something new everyday,