Moon Mind 2 Stuttering

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 PC.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Moon 280D with Mind 2.

Description Of Issue
When track goes from a MQA track to flac will get stuttering.
Device setup have set at Default settings?

Hi @Outlaw,

Does this behavior occur when switching between different sample rates of non-MQA tracks? Such as going from native 96kHz -> 44.1kHz tracks?

When going from MQA to flac,Tried mqa 24 and 96.When goes from mqa to flac stutters

Hi @Outlaw,

Thanks for the additional info. Is this when using HQPlayer or are you using Roon to send the audio without HQPlayer in the mix?

Just Roon.

Hi @Outlaw,

Can you please reproduce this behavior, note the exact local time + date + track it occurs on and then send me a copy of your logs from the Windows PC by using these instructions? I wonder if logs indicate any further clues.

How can i upload logs directly to you ?

Hi @Outlaw,

I have followed up via private message.

Hello @Outlaw,

We are unable to reproduce this issue with our in-house MOON 280D with the MiND 2 streaming module. Could you check via the MiND application that the 280D is running the latest firmware? Our unit is showing the current firmware as:

MOON 280D version: 1.21
MiND module version: 1.09

-John

1 Like

MOON 280D version:1.20.MiND module version: 1.09.Mine only shows version 1.20 but says up to date

Hello @Outlaw,

I recommend reaching out to MOON regarding the firmware discrepancy. I do not have access to their release notes, so I can’t promise that the 1.21 firmware fixes this. Regardless, our first order of business is to ensure that we’re using the same stack so that we can narrow down what’s causing this behavior.

-John

In any case, when you’re in the MiND Controller app, if you are on the Zones screen, press the cog wheel in the top-right corner. If you’re not seeing the Zones, you should have a Home button in the top left corner instead, which should take you there.Jason,
Follow the instructions I gave you to tap the cog wheel. There, you’ll see your firmware and the button to update it.
I just updated mine. I’ll your configuration again tomorrow
Do you have button to update.Do you have a screen shot ?

Had to re download mind app now my Moon 280D is updating

Firmware update did not fix issue.Dac when switching from mqa to flac upsampled to dsd 256 still stuttering.

Can you send me a screen shot for settings that you have in device set up

Anything from logs ?

Hello @Outlaw,

We were able to reproduce the issue with the MQA -> DSD256 transition. Thanks for your patience on this one. We’re going to reach out to the Moon team and get this taken care of.

-John

Thanks.I talked with Moon about this they said not the dac .That I should check my network.Glad you were able to reproduce.It seems when there is a issue Moon gets very defensive.

Have you heard back from Moon ???

Hello @Outlaw,

We reached out to Moon with a technical report, we anticipate to hear back from them shortly. I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop in regards to the investigation.

-John