More on my Track Skipping issue with 1.7

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini, late 2012 running High Sierra 10.13.6
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
250GB Internal SSD, 2TB external SSD via USB for library

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

100+ MBps incoming from Suddenlink.
Linksys Velop mesh network with primary node, one node for stereo, one node for studio upstairs.

Netgear Prosafe Gigabit switch GS105 hangs off of primary node in front room.
Mac Mini Core Core is hardwired Ethernet CAT6 to Netgear switch.
Wifi to second (stereo) node one room over.
Hardwire Ethernet CAT6 from second node into ultraRendu

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

UltraRendu sends USB out to MQA SPDIF converter, then HDMI/I2S to PS Audio DirectStream Sr. Running Windom OS (latest).

*Description Of Issue

Roon was running perfectly well prior to the 1.7 upgrade. I never heard ANY issues no matter if I was bitperfect or using DSP/Upsampling functions.

Since the 1.7 upgrade, tracks and albums mostly play well, but sometimes a song will stop prematurely and play will jump to the next track in the queue. Sometimes I can go for a couple of hours without a hitch, other times track after track will skip. It sometimes seems that once skipping starts, it tends to happen more often. Once last evening, I tried playing a track three times in a row, only to have it skip off each time. (I gave up at that point.)

Sometimes a track will skip, and replaying allows it to play through. Other times, replaying a skipped track will manifest another skip, though not always at the same point in the track.

The skipping seems to be totally random, although I may just not be connecting the dots.

How often? Sometimes not for hours. Sometimes track after track after track.

In addition, last night we noticed a couple of subtle ‘blurfles’, where there was a brief moment of garbled sound. Not overly distinct, but we looked at each other with ‘did you hear that too?’

As per @dylan’s request, I tried to set for System Output on the Core Mac Mini, but Roon software came up as though it wanted to reinstall (“I want to run Core on this machine” dialogue) and I didn’t want to risk overwriting my installation. I don’t know if there is another way to test this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random track skips