Moving playlists to a new core

Ok, so this means when you moved to the new Core machine, something went wrong with how you followed our migration instructions, so all your content was re-imported as “new”.

Would it be possible to restore a backup and try following the migration instructions again? Then everything should be fine, based on your screenshots.

I did it second time, I don’t do it right the first time and of course I did not have the playlists at all… after I ask you for advice I did fallow the migration instruction as you recommend and now I’m facing this problem. Before I go back to the old core backup and do it for third time, I want to make sure I won’t lose the info on the new core because I made some changes on there

Hello @Bobby_Stankov,

If you restore your database from an older backup, any new information you have written will be replaced. Picking and choosing pieces of a backup to replace is not possible so you will need to remake those changes if you follow the migration docs again, sorry I don’t have better news for you here.

Thanks,
Noris

I was wondering if I export the playlists then backup from the old core would I be able to recover them in the new core

Hello @Bobby_Stankov,

You can export your local media files but importing them again will only place them in your Library and will not automatically re-add them to the playlist they were a part of before.

Thanks,
Noris

I think I finally solve the problem with the playlists but I
got now a different problem all of a sudden my audio devices disappeared, how to fix that. I try trough setup/ audio… it says no devices found

@Bobby_Stankov - Can you try rebooting your Core and Router/Switches as the first troubleshooting step? I would also double check that Roon is still allowed past your firewall, instructions for OSX are listed here

Thanks,
Noris

Rebooting helped… thanks

I have an other problem l can’t see Roon created playlists from my iPad … l see the from my MacBook Pro and from my iPhone…any idea why

Hello @Bobby_Stankov,

Can you post some screenshots of the discrepancy?
Are you connected to the same Core on iPhone vs iPad?
I would double check this in Roon Settings -> General.

Thanks,
Noris

Actually I figured out what the problem is somehow I had two profiles and the iPad was on the second, I moved it to the first and I deleted the second… now everything is back to normal ( just letting you know if someone experience the same problem)… thanks

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Playlists for multiple profiles

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.