Multi NAT - Bell HH3000 No Bridge Mode. Pls Help :)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz
16GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 22H2

#support # Networking Gear & Setup Details
Bell HH3000
Various Araknis Network hardware
Ethernet connection
Multi NAT
No VPN

I can’t put HH3000 into bridge mode, and I’m worried about messing up my network as I have various other Araknis APs, to worry about.

I went through all the help pages; UPnP, Firewall disabled, port forward, etc and have had no success.

My Roon Core runs from a PC I use as a a Roon Server / HTPC for storage. The Roon Core works great internally. Just can’t use ARC.

Here’s my data:
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“70.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.2.112”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.40.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Thanks so much in advance. Pls let me know if I need to provide anything else.

@Gavin_Heale, welcome to the Community. Based on your error message, it appears you have two LAN networks running, one with IP addresses of 192.168.2.NNN and the other with IP addresses of 192.168.40.NNN. Roon requires all devices to be on the same subnet; do you know which network your Roon Core on the PC is using? Do you have another router in your network?

The diagnostics you’ve provided also suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. Please confirm the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service provider and what is your geographic region?

I would recommend that you create a port forwarding rule pointing to the IP address of your Core, but need a bit more information on what is in your network.

Hi Robert

Thanks for the response and suggestions.

192.168.40.XXX has a router, 3 Wi-Fi APs, a 48 port switch and a ton of stuff connected I’d rather not jostle with.

192.168.2.XXX is my stupid Bell HH3000 modem. I can’t put it into bridge mode, so am unsure what I can do.

There is only one LAN ip coming out of the thing, and that’s straight into the router for 192.168.40.XXX.

Its WAN shows up as a LAN ip from the Home Hub 192.168.2.XXX

Both the HH3000 and my router are on 255.255.255.0

UPnP is turned on on the router and the modem

Thanks for your further possible solutions.

Maybe answering my own question…

If I can’t put the ISP router into bridge mode, then since there’s only one ip going to my router as the WAN for the network, then wouldn’t a DMZ be safe on the ISP router? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi @Gavin_Heale,

You’re on the correct path with your thinking above. The Home Hub frustratingly can’t Bridge, but there is a way to safely configure a partial DMZ on the Home Hub, but you’ll need to make sure everything is then connected to the downstream router (your Araknis, etc). Anything connected to the WiFi on the Home Hub will be in front of your security, so proceed carefully here:

Bell Home Hub - How to Set Up “Bridge Mode” by (Safely) Configuring Advanced DMZ

Please let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Hi Connor, thanks for the response.

How easy was that?!

The link helped me with the Bell DMZ to my main Araknis router.

I didn’t even need to change anything in the Araknis router for the Roon ARC to immediately start working.

Just for me to be clear on internet safety, my Araknis router is the only thing ethernet connected to the Bell HH3000, then my entire network behind that. The HH3000 is not broadcasting an SSID, so that’s about as good as it gets?

Great work!

1 Like

You’ve got it @Gavin_Heale! As long as everything is behind the secured second router, you’ve basically just “gated” your modem. Nice troubleshooting and enjoy ARC!

Please post again if anything comes up. We’ll move to a new thread if this has auto-closed. Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.