Multichannel convolution

My previous message still unsolved …

I am using 3 way active speakers.
My filters/room correction are done with Acourate software.
My result filters (speakers filters with the room correction integrated in the filters) work without any problem with j-river.

With Roon, I have no sound at all.
The only difference are the .cfg and the 3 wav filters are in a zip file as roon want.

If I generate with Acourate only filters, the result filter play fine with roon.

The zip file with only filters 1 529 236 bytes
The zip file with filters + room correction have 3 008 799 bytes.

If I copy the bass filter from the file having only filters to the zip file that contains filters with room correction, the zip go to 2 513 710 bytes and roon are able to play it.

I wonder if the problem is the size itself ? 2.5mb, it’s play, over 3 mb it’s don’t play.

My .cfg file in the zip
48000 6 6 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
bass.wav
bass.wav
mids.wav
mids.wav
highs.wav
highs.wav

In the same zip, I have the 3 files bass.wav, mids.wav and highs.wav.

My dac use channels 1,2 for bass, 3,4 for mids and 5-6 for highs.

The files bass/mids/highs are the same size if only filters and with room correction.

Any idea how I can make it work ?

Any idea ?

Size of the filter set is not your issue. I have taken a look at one set of multichannel convolution filters that Thierry from Home Audio Fidelity created for me. 12 cfg entries and 45Mb in size, so much larger than yours — and the filters work fine in Roon.

As I outsourced creation of my filters, I can’t provide any help on troubleshooting why yours aren’t working. You could certainly engage Thierry to help you sort out and fine tune. Good luck! JCR

Hi @Eric_Turcotte,

The size of the filters shouldn’t be an issue here. Can you please upload these filters to Dropbox / Google Drive and post a link here? Thanks!

Here the google drive link: bass/mid/highs have room correction on them + filter (0-500hz for bass, 500-2.8k for mid and 2.8k+ for highs)
No sound …

This one work: It’s the same but the file “bass” coming from generate filter in acourate without any room correction on it.

The first file work without any problem in J-river.

1 Like

Hi @Eric_Turcotte,

Thanks for sending those files, I have forwarded them to the technical team for closer inspection.

Any update ?

Hi @Eric_Turcotte,

Thanks for pinging me. I just checked the status of your case and I see that it’s still being reviewed by the tech team. Once they have a chance to review this issue and provide their feedback I will be sure to let you know. Thanks for your patience here!

Hello @Eric_Turcotte,

Thanks for your patience while we look into this. The QA team was able to reproduce this behavior, and a ticket has been created for the development team for further investigation. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on the status of the ticket.

-John

Any update on that ?

Hi @Eric_Turcotte,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue.

This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

I’m about to do this same process. I’m curious what ever became of the OP’s dilemma or the devs results.

I’ll report back if I have issues but still waiting for my Okto to implement it with.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.